This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on March 30th, 2022(Last Updated On: March 30, 2022)
Alani Nu Protein Bars, also known as Alani Nu Fit Snack Protein Bars, are popular. Alani Nu is also one of the most popular fitness supplement brands currently.
Their Balance product and the Alani Nu Whey Protein Powder are their most popular and best-selling dietary supplements. The Alani Nu Sugar-Free Energy Drink is also popular for an energy kick any time.
Below, we provide you with all the information you need before trying the protein bars from Alani Nu, including the nutrition facts, what customer reviews say, and where you can buy them.
A few key things to know include:
- Alani Nu Protein Bars come in an array of flavors like confetti cake, blueberry muffin, and chocolate cake.
- We like that these are healthy snacks that can also fill a craving for sweets.
- Soft but also crunchy texture, similar to a wafer
- Each is low in sugar compared to some other protein bars and has 12 grams of net carbs.
- Each contains 16 grams of protein per bar
- Contains 170 calories each
- According to many reviews, these have a less chalky flavor and texture than a lot of other protein bars
What Are Alani Nu Protein Bars?
According to Alani Nu, their protein bars are a way to fuel yourself with 16 grams of protein, but without the chalky and hard-to-chew texture you’ll get with many other protein bars. Aani Nu describes these products as a delicious, multi-layered protein bar.
Many people like protein bars because they’re a convenient, easy way to energize yourself with nutrients. We’ll talk a bit more below about the benefits of protein bars in general and whether they’re good for you.
The Benefits of Alani Nu Protein Bars
Some of the pros of Alani Nu protein bars, based on our research, include:
- You get 16 grams of protein with every bar
- We like that the customer favorite flavors are so enticing, including peanut butter and cookies and cream
- The texture is a bit better than other protein bars and is more wafer-like, creating a more appealing flavor profile.
- It could be not only a snack but also a healthier dessert replacement, thanks to the killer flavors.
- These bars are relatively low in sugar and carbs, but they still have both
- Helps combat sugar cravings
Alani Nu Protein Bars Review
Overall, the reviews for the Alani Nu protein bars are positive, with an average of four stars on Amazon. However, there are some negatives from the perspective of customers that we’ll point out below.
What Do Customers Say?
Some of the things customers note as being great about these bars include:
- They have crispy textures.
- Doesn’t have the hard-to-chew textures in the opinion of many customers.
- Less grittiness than most protein bars
- Great, fun flavors whether you’re a fruity flavor person or you like a decadent, rich flavor
- Easy to take with you
- Low sugar and carb content
- No aftertaste like you get with other protein bars
- Not so much of a chalky taste
Are There Negative Reviews?
There are some negative reviews for the Alani Nu Protein Bars. Highlights of the negative reviews include:
- Some reviews feel the flavors are too sweet.
- Shipping seems to be a consistent issue—for example, some reviews indicate customers got stale bars.
- Some reviews call into question some of the ingredients, primarily the corn syrup
Alani Nu Protein Bars Nutrition Facts
The following are some of the key Alani Nu Protein Bars nutrition facts to be aware of before buying:
- 180 calories per bar
- 8 grams of fat per bar
- 5 grams of fiber
- 5 grams of sugar total
- Added sugars—3 grams
- 16 grams of protein
- 46 mg of calcium
- 69 mg of potassium
The protein blend used to make these bars includes whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate. There’s also soy protein isolate.
There are some artificial ingredients in these protein bars that some people could find problematic or could create product concerns. These ingredients include:
- Palm oil
- Glucose syrup
- Palm kernel oil
- Rice flour
- Corn syrup
According to the company product descriptions and product details, these bars contain milk, soy, almond, and peanut.
Alani Nu Protein Bars Where to Buy?
The easiest and cheapest place to buy Alani Nu Protein Bars is on Amazon. You can compare flavors, and Prime Shipping is available. If you buy the individual bars at an in-person retailer, they’re typically more expensive than purchasing a box on Amazon.
Other retailers that may have Alani Nu Protein Bars include The Vitamin Shoppe, Target, and GNC, although availability can vary.
You can also order from the Alani Nu site, although shipping seems to be variable as far as timing, and their Subscribe and Save option gets you less than a dollar off on a 12-pack of protein bars.
Is Alani Nu Vegan?
Many Alani Nu products are vegan. The vegan Alani Nu options include the Balance Plant Protein, energy drinks, and Super Greens Pre-Workout. We couldn’t find any information that the protein bars are vegan, however, and we assume they’re not.
Are Protein Bars Good For You?
Before you buy Alani Nu Protein Bars, are they good for you in general? The answer is that it depends.
- Protein bars have a highly variable nutrient composition because of the different ingredients.
- Many will have protein and carbs and micronutrients like potassium, iron, and B vitamins.
- Unfortunately, many protein bars also have added sugar and unhealthy sweeteners like corn syrup.
- Corn syrup adds fructose to your diet, increasing the risk of diabetes, obesity, and fatty liver when consumed in large amounts.
- Most protein bars have calorie content ranging from 150 to 400 calories and anywhere from 10 to 20 grams of protein. The Alani Nu bars fall within these ranges. There are some types of bars with as much as 30 grams of protein in a serving.
What Are the Benefits of Protein Bars?
The possible benefits of protein bars include:
- They’re easy and ready to eat
- You can take them anywhere
- Potentially delicious flavors
- A protein bar can be an excellent way to get a filling snack
- Protein bars tend to work well before or after a workout because the extra protein can give you energy and help with muscle repair
- Some protein bars have high levels of fiber, which helps you stay full
- Protein bars can have vitamins and minerals that fill in gaps in your diet
- A high-protein diet can support weight loss more so than ones with standard amounts of protein
- Protein can help curb your appetite
- Eating protein bars gives you a calorie-dense option, ideal if you’re trying to add muscle or maintain your weight.
- You can use a bar to replace meals
- If you’re active and you want to gain muscle, protein bars can help
- Athletes, pregnant and breastfeeding women, and people with certain chronic illnesses need more protein than the average population.
Are There Any Cons of Eating Protein Bars?
There are downsides to protein bars as well. These include:
- They add to your calorie intake. If you’re trying to cut down on your calorie consumption, you need to be mindful of how protein bars affect this.
- Many, including Alani Nu Protein Bar, use added sweeteners.
- These bars often include highly processed plant oils, which is the case with Alani Nu.
- Many protein snacks will also have corn starch and palm kernel oil.
- You may already have enough protein intake, and getting more than what you need can be harmful.
Alani Nu Protein Bars—Our Final Verdict
We don’t love protein bars in general. In our opinion, there are better ways to nourish yourself. For example, almond butter is a great protein treat that’s nutrient-dense.
With that being said, convenience is a significant factor in most of our lives, and the Alani Nu Protein Bars can be a flavorful, easy way to fill in some of the gaps in your diet and nutrition. If you are going to try them, you may love the texture and flavor. Do be mindful of the sugar content and the artificial ingredients if this is a priority for you.
As an occasional snack, the bars may have benefits and help you satisfy a sweet tooth, power your workouts, and curb cravings.