This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on March 30th, 2022(Last Updated On: March 30, 2022)
If you’re thinking about buying the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker, don’t do it before you read our guide. We’ll let you know everything relevant about this iced coffee maker, how to use it, and whether or not it’s a good purchase for iced coffee lovers.
We also did some research and found some other iced coffee makers that we think are higher quality or more versatile than the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker, in case you’re interested.
For this review and guide, we’re talking about the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker that comes with a reusable tumbler and coffee filter for the coffee grounds. This coffee machine simplifies how you make iced coffee so you can save time and money. Some of the features that set it apart include:
- It comes with a coffee scooper so you can brew your perfect ratio of hot, concentrated coffee over ice, avoiding watered-down coffee.
- Creates flavorful coffee with a bold flavor that’s not watery.
- All you have to do is add water and coffee. Then you fill your tumbler with ice and press start.
- You can brew coffee in less than 4 minutes, keeping you on track with your morning routine.
- The drip-stop function prevents a mess on your countertops.
- BPA-free tumbler is included and is double-wall insulated to keep your coffee cold.
- The tumbler also includes a lid and straw.
- Included reusable nylon coffee filter is washable and reusable, so you don’t need paper filters.
An Overview of the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker
Who doesn’t love iced coffee and cold coffee drinks? Most of us do, but unfortunately, a love of refreshing iced coffee can lead you to spend too much time and money in your quest to get it.
We like the compact, beautifully designed Mr. Coffee machine because it’s a simple, single-serve, and eco-friendly way to get your iced coffee fix at any time with maximum flavor.
The biggest issue many people make when preparing iced coffee is that they can’t get the ratio of hot coffee to ice just right, so the result is watered down. This machine seeks to help you avoid that issue. The included scoop is designed so you get the perfect ratio.
This coffee maker for iced coffee uses a RapidChill brewing process. That means that it quickly cools your coffee over a tumbler of ice. You get bold and flavored coffee. We also like that the tumbler and the filter are reusable and BPA-free.
While there are many things to like about the iced coffee maker Mr Coffee offers, we did some research, and we’re not sure it’s the absolute best iced coffee machine out there.
The iced coffee maker Mr Coffee coffee has available excels in a few key areas. First, it’s simple to use. Second, we love the included coffee scoop and travel tumbler. You can customize your coffee with your favorite flavorings.
Now, with that in mind, where can it do better?
We’d say that according to some customer reviews, this machine is somewhat cheaply made. Some people don’t feel like it gives them the perfect cup of coffee either.
So, considering those factors, the following are some of our picks for better alternatives to the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker.
Mastermind Patented Iced Coffee Maker
- Innovative cold brew coffee maker
- Cold brew in eight hours, and hot brew coffee and tea in 2.5 minutes
- Keeps drinks cold for more than one day
- Keeps drinks hot for up to 14 hours
- Each of the components is dishwasher-safe
- Dual-layer cold brew filter
- MagLid is patented and splash-proof
- Made of copper-lined cold-rolled steel
The Mastermind Iced Coffee Maker is a unique, top-rated, and overall fantastic product. The product does make cold brew rather than strictly iced coffee, and we talk a little more about the differences below.
Technically called the Kold Brewer, it’s a tumbler with a filter, but it’s more than that, and you can take it anywhere.
A mechanical engineer created this iced coffee maker. It features a dual-layer filtration system that keeps your grounds in the filter so you get a clean flavor. The magnetic lid is a wonderful design, and if you want hot coffee and tea instead of an iced option, you just substitute hot water and remove your grounds after they steep for 2.5 minutes.
You don’t have to measure anything because there are fill lines, and since this is dishwasher-safe, cleanup is fast and easy. The lid fits on most exiting tumblers including the Yeti and Ozark Trail tumblers.
Reviewers say they love this tumbler, and they can make perfect cold brew and hot coffee with it.
The set seems to please even the most discerning of coffee lovers, and so many reviews talk about the quality of the product and how well it’s made. We love it as an alternative to the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker.
- Versatile maker for cold coffee
- Lets you brew iced beverages simply by pushing the “iced” button
- You can brew multiple cup sizes
- Strong brew button for increased strength and a bold taste
- Makes coffee in minutes
- A large reservoir lets you brew eight cups before you have to refill it
The Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker has iced capabilities, and it’s the perfect all-around coffee maker for convenience and flavor.
The K-Elite is a single-serve maker using K-cup coffee pods. It’s beautifully designed and stylish. You can choose from five brew sizes, including 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 ounces. You can use it for iced beverages, hot cocoa, coffee, and tea. You can also use your ground coffee with the Universal My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter, which you buy separately.
If you’re going to use the iced feature, you simply hit the iced button. You fill your cup to the top with ice, and then once you hit that iced button, the K-Elite will determine the right size and strength for an optimally brewed iced drink.
This coffee maker has a perfect five-star average among users on Amazon, with tens of thousands of reviews. It’s a fantastic alternative to the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker.
- A newer version of the Keurig K-Elite
- MultiStream technology
- Creates a coffee shop taste
- Brew hot over ice
- Multiple brew sizes
- Dual-position reservoir so you can optimize your counter space
- Back-to-back brewing without needing to wait for reheating
- Accommodates travel mugs up to 7-inches tall
Another ideal alternative to the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker is the K-Supreme Coffee Maker from Keurig.
It’s similar to the K-Elite because it’s the newer version. It does feature an option to make the perfect ice coffee, as well as being able to fill a travel mug.
The thing that makes this Keurig unique and a fantastic coffee maker compared even to the K-Elite is what’s called MultiStream Technology.
With MultiStream Technology, multiple streams of water saturate your coffee evenly throughout the pod for bold coffee with full flavor and aroma. It’s a coffee-shop level experience. The MultiStream brewing technology has five entrance needles instead of one, which can saturate the pod so perfectly.
This is a single-serve coffee maker.
- High-end coffee brewing at an affordable price
- Brew rich coffee concentrate that you can use to make lattes and cappuccinos
- You can brew over fresh iced
- Six brew sizes ranging from a single cup to a full carafe
- Doesn’t use pods
- Features a fold-away frother so you can turn hot or cold milk into delicious froth
The Ninja 10-Cup Specialty Coffee Maker is fantastic for the true coffee lover but also for coffee novices.
You brew from concentrate, so it’s not watered down. It’s also an excellent all-around coffee bar and hot coffee maker, with a lot of versatility in how you can use it and what you can make. It features a removable water reservoir and a 10-cup glass carafe, in addition to a frother.
You can make a classic brew for a balanced flavor, a rich brew for something more full-flavored, or you can use this Ninja Coffee Maker for a specialty brew like a cappuccino or latte.
The Ninja 10-Cup Coffee Maker features thermal flavor extraction for even saturation and a consistent temperature.
- Create iced beverages with the touch of a button
- Makes tea and coffee
- Brew up to eight servings at a time with the 64-ounce pitcher
- Reusable filter basket
- Strength selector allows you to customize the potency of your drink
- Automatic shutoff
If you want something simple so you can support your iced coffee habit and brew tea with ease and in bulk, consider the Brentwood coffee machine.
The maker has a 64-ounce pitcher, and you don’t have to water down hot beverages with ice to cool them down. It’s inexpensive, and most reviewers say it gives them a delicious result for their iced drinks.
- Automatic coffee and espresso machine
- Create barista-level single serve coffee or espresso cups with a single button
- Designed to be used only with Nespresso Vertuo capsules
- Five different cup sizes are available
- It can pour over ice to create iced drinks and lattes
- The smart machine uses Nespresso’s Centrifusion technology with barcodes
- Extra-large water tank
- Fast heat-up time of just 15 seconds
- Includes Aeroccino Milk Frother
The Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Maker is a good-looking machine, as well as a regular coffee and espresso machine. You can make any type of coffee shop-style drink with this machine. The brewing system gives you rich crema, a smooth taste and a full body. You can decide whether you want something mild or something dark and intense.
You can make five and eight-ounce cups of coffee and single or double espressos.
This is also a beautifully designed coffee maker and a good, higher-end alternative to the Mr. Coffee machine.
- Premium nickel finish
- Four cup sizes
- Simple, intuitive button controls
- Large water reservoir for 60 ounces
- Smart start
- Travel mug friendly
- Make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos as well as coffee
The Keurig K-Café Special Edition Single Serve is aesthetically well-designed. You can also make a traditional cup of coffee, a latte, or a cappuccino with this machine, all in a matter of minutes for a cafe-like experience.
You can brew using any K-Cup pod if you want a latte or cappuccino, and then you can froth it. The frother that comes with this coffee machine is dishwasher safe.
According to customer reviews, the machine creates excellent coffee, has a lot of variety as far as the options, and is easy to use.
Cold Brew vs. Iced
Above, when we went into some of the alternatives to the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker, we included a couple of cold brew options. Cold brew coffee is different than coffee over ice, but we wanted to provide you with options.
Features of cold brew coffee include:
- You brew it for 14 to 24 hours
- Cold brew is made by steeping cold or room temperature water
- Cold brew can last up to two weeks
- There’s low bitterness and acidity
- You get a result that’s smooth and sweeter
With iced coffee, it takes just a few minutes to brew it using a machine rather than a steeper. You brew the coffee as hot and then pour it over ice.
Cold-brew is a pod-free brewing method as well, using a scoop of coffee grounds in the steeper. Many of the machines featured in the above coffee maker review use pods, which can be a pro for some and a con for others.
Do We Recommend the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker?
All of the information above brings us to our primary question—do we recommend the Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker?
We’re going to say yes, but with conditions.
The iced machine from Mr. Coffee is good if you want something compact, easy to use, and affordable, and you only plan to have iced drinks.
If you want a higher-quality machine that’s better made, is going to last for longer, and will give you versatility in what you can make, then we suggest you check out the other options we included on our list above.
We think the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker might be good for a dorm, an apartment, or a small space, or for someone who wants the utmost in simplicity while still being able to enjoy great iced coffee.