This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on September 21st, 2022(Last Updated On: September 21, 2022)
Trim Life Keto is a supplement from Justified Laboratories that promises you’ll get into the process of ketosis with minimal effort on your part.
The Trim Life Keto dietary supplement is exogenous ketones. The idea of exogenous ketone supplements is that you get into ketosis faster and easier, staying there.
So, what’s the reality about these weight loss supplements? Can it replace following a strict diet?
Based on research, understanding how the keto diet works, and customer reviews, Trim Life Keto is not a supplement we recommend.
Below, in our in-depth product review, details of this ketosis supplement we’ll cover:
- Who makes Trim Life Keto
- Whether or not the supplement could get your body into ketosis, so you use fat for energy
- The ingredients in Trim Life Keto
- What customer reviews say
- The pros and cons of the Trim Life Keto supplement
- Better alternatives to Trim Life
- The price of Trim Life Keto
- Where to buy Trim Life Keto, if you’re still interested
*This is not a substitute for medical advice. Always talk to your health care provider.
Our Rating Methodology
All of our reviews are completely unbiased. We have an in-depth review and ranking methodology for each of our products. We base our reviews on:
- Peer-reviewed scientific studies and research
- Real customer reviews
- Our own experience using products
- Price and availability
Whenever possible, we review and rank products that we actually use to provide a better understanding of what you can expect.
An Overview of Trim Life Keto
Trim Life Keto is also branded as Trim Life Labs Keto, although the company name that makes the supplement is Justified Laboratories.
The Trim Life Keto supplement is supposed to support getting into ketosis faster and easier, supporting the loss of excess body weight.
The supplement is exogenous ketones.
- The keto diet is one high in fat and low in carbs.
- When you follow a keto diet, it encourages ketosis.
- Ketosis is a metabolic state where your body relies on burning fat rather than carbohydrates as a primary energy source.
- When you’re burning fat, it leads to the production of ketones.
- Ketones are fatty acid byproducts.
- Your body uses ketones for energy when it doesn’t have carbs to rely on.
Following a ketogenic diet is restrictive, and it can be hard for people to get into ketosis. It can also take some time, even if you’re closely following the diet.
Some people try exogenous ketones, which are supplements that theoretically help you get into ketosis faster or while being less strict about your diet.
- Along with weight loss, a growing body of research shows that being in ketosis could have some significant health benefits. For example, in one study, mice were given a ketogenic diet.
- They experienced better cognitive functioning.
- Some research, as a result, is looking at the potential for the ketogenic diet to become part of treatments for Alzheimer’s or promote brain health generally.
- In one animal study, researchers wrote that mice on a ketogenic diet demonstrated an increase in lifespan compared to a control group.
- Researchers said they thought this was because of the high concentration of BHB in the bloodstream created by the keto diet. The researchers said BHB directly relates to aging.
The Trim life Keto supplement is a BHB supplement, so it sounds like it could be a good option, but there’s more to it.
What is BHB?
BHB is one of the three ketones your body produces if you’re fasting or following a very low-carb, high-fat diet. Your body changes its primary energy source from glucose to the fat you have stored. Carbs provide glucose.
- When fat breaks down, beta-hydroxybutyrate ketones are formed.
- BHB can be a source of energy for your brain and every part of your body.
- The other two ketones produced during ketosis are acetone and acetoacetate. BHB is present in much higher amounts in your blood than those ketones.
- Along with breaking down fat, BHB triggers protective effects in the body’s cells, so the keto diet might help with longevity and reversing chronic diseases.
- If you follow a keto diet, your goal is to produce endogenous ketones. Those are the ketones inside your body. You can also use exogenous ketones, which are outside the body, to fuel a fat-burning result.
- When you take BHB supplements, it may help you reach ketosis quicker.
- Ketone esters are exogenous ketones where a BHB molecule is bound to an alcohol molecule. Ketone esters can raise your ketones, but they’re pricey and don’t taste great.
- Ketone salts are bound to a mineral, so they taste a little better, and some people say they cause stomach upset for them.
- Raspberry ketones are not proven very effective, and they’re unlikely to raise your ketones much, if at all.
One time where exogenous ketones could be helpful to you is if you’re going through the keto flu. You might not feel great as your body transitions from burning glucose to fat. Exogenous ketones can be a good stop-gap solution and help reduce the time it takes you to reach ketosis through nutrition.
You might, in some cases, be able to bring out nutritional ketosis without a low-carb diet by using these supplements, but not always.
What is GoBHB?
GoBHB is the proprietary ingredient found in Trim Life Keto.
GoBHB is a patented beta-hydroxybutyrate powder. According to the company that makes goBHB, which is essentially just a branded BHB, you can immediately put ketones into your blood when you use it. You theoretically don’t need to eat a lot of fat, fast, or use carb restrictions to generate ketones.
Using BHB mineral salts like GoBHB is meant to elevate your ketones, so you start efficiently burning fat as fuel as part of ketosis.
The Trim Life Keto formula has 800 mg of GoBHB.
Other Major Ingredients in Trim Life Keto
The ingredients label lists a couple of other active ingredients and GoBHB.
The first is apple cider vinegar in the combination of ingredients. The second of the key ingredients is green tea leaf, and the third is macadamia nut oil.
- Apple cider vinegar: Some people feel apple cider vinegar is good for weight loss, although there’s not much scientific evidence to back this up. There are a few animal studies that found apple cider vinegar prevented fat deposition and also improved metabolism. There are some benefits for people with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes too. For example, several studies show that it can prevent blood sugar spikes.
- Green tea leaf extract: Green tea is a healthy beverage, and people use the extract for a number of health benefits. Green tea extract might improve brain function, provide some protection against cancer, lower the risk of developing heart disease and promote fat loss. Green tea extract potentially increases energy. Most fat-burning supplements include green tea on the list of ingredients. Studies show that green tea can improve metabolism and increase the number of calories burned, so it’s sometimes described as a natural weight loss supplement or weight management supplement.
- Macadamia nut oil: One ingredient in Trim Life Keto is macadamia nut oil. Macadamia nut oil is a healthy fat that supports heart health and is a source of antioxidants. This oil could be helpful for a keto lifestyle in particular since it’s high in healthy fats. Some feel that it works as an appetite suppressant to help with excess weight.
Do Exogenous Ketone Supplements Work?
Before getting more into the details of Trim Life Keto, it’s important to discuss the effectiveness of exogenous ketone supplements in weight management.
- When you follow a typical diet high in carbs, your cells rely on glucose for their fuel.
- Glucose comes from carbs like starchy foods, sugars, and some vegetables.
- When you restrict those high-carb foods as you do on a keto diet, you require your body to look for alternative fuel sources.
- Your body turns to fat as its alternate fuel. That then produces healthy ketones when large amounts of fat are broken down. There’s a shift in your metabolism, known as being in ketosis.
- You can also experience ketosis when you’re fasting or during strenuous workouts.
- The ketone bodies replace glucose as fuel and provide energy to your muscles, heart, and brain.
- The ketone bodies may be responsible for at least some weight loss people experience when on a ketogenic diet.
What do Exogenous Ketone Supplements Do?
An exogenous ketone supplement like Trim life Keto is meant to put ketones into your body from a synthetic outside source. That’s what exogenous means.
Ketone supplements can increase your blood ketone levels.
For example, taking 12 grams of ketone salts in one study raised the ketones in participants’ blood by more than 300%.
If you want to transition into ketosis, exogenous supplements may be helpful.
The symptoms accompanying the transition to ketosis when following a keto diet can also be reduced with exogenous ketone supplements. The symptoms of that transition are known as the keto flu.
Symptoms of the keto flu may include cramps, diarrhea, bad breath, constipation, and headache.
Another potential benefit of a ketone supplement is that it might reduce your appetite.
For example, in a study of 15 normal-weight people, drinking a beverage with ketone esters led to a 50% reduction in hunger after an overnight fast compared to people who had a sugary beverage.
Could Ketone Supplements Do More Harm Than Good?
While there’s a bit of evidence that exogeneous ketone supplements could have some benefits, there’s also a case against them.
- First, there’s just not a lot of research on whether or not these supplements can help you lose weight.
- There’s even a bit of evidence suggesting exogenous ketone supplements can adversely affect your ability to lose weight.
So why is that?
- When you follow a keto diet as part of your weight loss journey, the idea is that you’re producing ketones from stored fat as your alternative fuel source.
- If your ketone blood levels get too high, your blood can become overly acidic.
- Healthy people have a feedback mechanism that naturally slows down ketone production if they get too high.
- The higher your blood ketone levels, the less your body will naturally produce.
So what’s the problem?
- If you take endogenous ketone bodies, it can prevent your body fat from being used as a source of fuel.
- Ketones are not ketogenic because they prevent your body from producing its ketones.
- They also have calories, so depending on how many servings you have throughout the day, this is another way they could hinder your weight loss.
Side Effects of Exogenous Ketones
Overall, exogeneous ketones like Trim Life Keto are thought to be safe, but we don’t know much about the long-term effects.
The most common side effects of Trim Life Keto and exogenous ketones, in general, are nausea, diarrhea, and stomach upset.
How to Take Trim Life Keto
According to the company that makes Trim Life Keto, Justified Laboratories, you should take two capsules one to three times a day.
Each bottle contains a 30-day supply with 60 capsules, but only if you take them once daily.
You’re instructed to take the capsules 20 to 30 minutes before eating, with an eight-ounce glass of water.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Trim Life Keto?
Above, we talk primarily about exogenous ketones, which Trim Life Keto is classified as.
Below, we go into some of the specific pros and cons of Trim Life Keto.
Pros of Trim Life Keto
- Relatively inexpensive
- It could help with the so-called keto flu
- Some people feel they help reduce their appetite
Cons of Trim Life Keto
The downsides of Trim Life Keto include:
- The product seems to be ineffective for most people
- More negative than positive reviews
- Most cause stomach upset
What Do Trim Life Keto Reviews Say?
Most of the reviews for Trim Life Keto from customers are not positive.
- At best, it seems like this product isn’t effective at helping with weight loss, mental focus, or improving energy levels.
- At worst, for some people, Trim Life Keto causes uncomfortable side effects like nausea and diarrhea.
- There were very few reviews that indicated these supplements were effective for weight loss or the process of fat burning.
Where to Buy Trim Life Keto
I was able to find the BHB ketone pills on Amazon and also on the Walmart website. The price is similar for both retailers.
Who Makes Trim Life Keto?
There are two names listed on the bottles of Trim Life Keto—the first is Justified Laboratories, and the other is Trim Life Labs.
I was able to find some information about Justified Laboratories on the Better Business Bureau website.
Many consumers said Justified Laboratories is a scam company. For example, there were reports about people being overcharged, being sent things they didn’t order, and not being able to get in touch with customer service.
According to BBB reports, it also seems that some people think Justified Laboratories counterfeits products, although there’s no way to say for sure.
While we don’t know the specifics of this company, we will say that we don’t view them as legitimate and would urge caution if you’re thinking about buying from them.
Are There Better Alternatives to Trim life Keto?
If you’re looking for an alternative to Trim Life Keto, certain supplements can have more benefits for your keto lifestyle. Which ones you choose can depend on what your goals are. Some examples of ketogenic supplements that we think are beneficial in daily life include:
Trim Life Keto Alternative #1
Brain Octane MCT Oil
Brain Octane MCT Oil is one of my favorite keto supplements. MCT stands for medium-chain triglyceride.
The oil is a fat made from coconuts. When you use Brain Octane MCT Oil from Bulletproof, it helps you get deeper into your state of ketosis.
Your body has to go through only a few steps to turn MCT oil into ketone energy that your cells can use.
When you’re deeper in ketosis, you can stay fat-burning. There’s evidence that adding Brain Octane MCT Oil to your routine might help improve cognition, brainpower, and athletic performance.
Specific benefits of Brain Octane Oil include:
- It helps improve the absorption of other nutrients
- Maximizes and optimizes your energy expenditures
- Your body burns this fat as fuel rather than storing it
- It could help the ketosis process
- Helps you feel fuller for longer, which can reduce hunger and cravings
- Some evidence shows it can help prevent metabolic syndrome
- May promote mental clarity
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
Trim Life Keto Alternative #2
Ancestral Supplements Minerals
Ancestral Supplements Minerals is probably my favorite supplement that I’m taking right now. I believe taking Ancestral Supplement Minerals has helped my anxiety, quality of sleep, and overall energy levels. It’s been a complete game-changer for me regarding noticeable positive outcomes.
I fast every day until noon, and I think taking Ancestral Supplement Minerals has helped me keep up with that and other daily routines.
In general, minerals and electrolytes are so important when you go keto.
When you’re on a keto diet, you need to make sure you’re getting enough sodium. A low-carb or keto diet also reduces your insulin levels. Then your kidneys retain less sodium, which can lead to lower sodium levels.
The Ancestral Supplements Minerals product has sodium chloride.
The supplement replenishes electrolytes to support hydration and nerve function, and it also has enzyme compounds that help you digest fat and protein.
The Minerals supplement has zinc, iodine, and magnesium for hormone, immune and metabolic health.
Magnesium is one of the most important electrolytes in our body that regulates levels of other electrolytes. Migraine helps with sleep and prevents migraine. It’s also one of the minerals we’re most deficient in as Americans.
Along with generally supporting brain and overall health, the Minerals supplement may reduce some of the keto flu symptoms if you get them.
Your body needs a significant amount of water to store glycogen, and that’s why you lose water weight in the initial days when you’re in ketosis. Your body is emptying your current glycogen stores and eliminating the water that goes with them.
When you lose water, your kidneys excrete electrolytes to balance your system.
Once you get into ketosis, you keep excreting electrolytes, leading to sodium, magnesium, and potassium deficiencies and headaches, and muscle cramps. Again, it’s important to have electrolytes when you’re on a keto diet.
Benefits of Ancestral Supplements Minerals include:
- The supplement includes whole food sources of essential and trace minerals
- Natural ingredients in these high-quality products
- Includes sodium chloride, calcium, potassium, and magnesium
- Keto-friendly electrolyte supplement
- Helps with hormone, thyroid, immune and adrenal health
- Supports optimal hydration
- Helps with digestion
- It contains trace minerals like iron, copper, iodine, zinc, and selenium
Trim Life Keto Alternative #3
Alpha-lipoic acid is a powerhouse of a supplement, garnering much attention in recent years, with some people experiencing incredible weight loss outcomes. It may be one of the best supplements for relatively rapid weight loss results for many people.
Alpha-lipoic acid is an organic compound that acts as an antioxidant. Research shows that ALA can help with weight loss, diabetes, and other health conditions.
As far as being a keto supplement and a good alternative to Trim life Keto, I wanted to include it because it can aid in weight loss in several different ways.
First, in animal studies, ALA reduces the activity of AMP-activated protein kinase or AMPK. AMPK is in the hypothalamus of the brain.
When your AMPK is more active, it can make you feel hungrier. When you suppress the activity, it can increase the calories you burn while you’re at rest.
Specific benefits of ALA include:
- Research shows it might help lower blood sugar levels
- Researchers believe ALA may improve insulin sensitivity along with the weight loss process
- Could help with appetite suppression
- Some people experience an increase in energy
- ALA can pass into the brain easily, so it might protect brain and nerve tissue
Trim Life Keto Alternative #4
Jarrow Formulas 7-Keto DHEA
7-Keto DHEA is a naturally occurring metabolite of DHEA. Your body can naturally produce 7-keto-DHEA from DHEA. DHEA is a hormone that comes from the adrenal glands, and it’s one of the most abundant steroid hormones circulating in the human body. DHEA Is a precursor for male and female sex hormones, including estrogen and testosterone.
Unlike DHEA, 7-keto-DHEA doesn’t interact with sex hormones, so when you use it as a supplement, it doesn’t increase the amount in your bloodstream.
It can be a good alternative to Trim Life Keto because it can help prevent fat gain since it’s thermogenic. A thermogenic supplement is heat-producing.
Thermogenesis is how your body burns calories to produce heat.
A couple of studies to date have looked at the effects of 7-Keto on metabolism. In these studies, it does appear that the supplement can help with weight loss.
Specific benefits of 7-keto-DHEA include:
- May speed up metabolic rates to promote weight loss and prevent weight gain
- Can increase the activity of the thyroid gland
- Helps develop lean body mass and build muscle
- Reduces signs of aging
Trim Life Keto—FAQs
The following are brief answers to some of the most common questions about Trim Life Keto.
What Is Trim Life Keto?
So what is Trim Life Keto? Trim Life Keto is a supplement available on Amazon from Justified Laboratories. The supplement is an exogenous ketone supplement made with goBHB. People take exogenous ketones because they hope they’ll help them get into ketosis faster.
The supplement also includes macadamia nut oil and apple cider vinegar, which can help you get into ketosis.
According to the company that makes the supplement, the goBHB supplement helps your body use fat instead of carbs as an energy source, even if you’re not necessarily following a keto diet or just starting.
How much is Keto Life Trim?
For a 30-day supply of Keto Life Trim, the price on Amazon is $24.95. A 30-day supply includes 60 capsules. Each pill is around $0.42.
Are keto pills safe?
Whether or not keto pills are safe is a big question. When you’re following a true keto diet, you’re consuming high amounts of fat, moderate protein, and low carbohydrates. You are producing ketosis, which is meant to mimic your body’s response to starvation. When you’re in ketosis, your body uses fat as the main energy source.
When your body relies on fat for its fuel, it creates ketone bodies. Ketone bodies are chemicals your liver makes when fat is metabolized, and the process is ketosis. Getting into ketosis and staying there is no easy feat. You have to get the right ratio of carbs-fats-proteins.
Some people might take exogenous keto supplements, also known as keto pills.
Ketone pills are meant to boost the production of ketones in your body, leading to ketosis.
While research shows these supplements can raise the number of ketones in your body, a review study was inconclusive on whether that means you get into ketosis faster or keep it up for longer.
Supplementing is potentially ineffective because your body wants an even level of ketones, avoiding a toxic buildup in your bloodstream. If your body senses your ketone levels are already high, the liver will stop making them.
What you can end up doing with keto supplements is lowering your body’s production of ketones. That means you’re not going to be able to get into the fat-burning zone you’re likely trying for.
While ketone supplements may not work, there’s no evidence that they’re unsafe, although there’s a lot we don’t know about them.
Supplements, including keto pills, aren’t FDA-regulated, so whether or not you’re getting what you’re paying for.
Ketone pills and supplements are also notorious for scams. There are a number of supplements that are pushed on social media.
How do you take Keto Trim pills?
If you decide to try Keto Trim pills, the instructions indicate you should take two capsules one to three times a day with water. You should take them on an empty stomach, anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes before eating.
Final Thoughts—Why We Don’t Recommend Trim Life Keto
So, our big takeaway is that no, we don’t recommend Trim Life Keto. We don’t recommend this supplement for the following reasons:
- Exogeneous keto supplements aren’t likely to be effective
- The Justified Laboratories brand has shady information floating around online
- Customer reviews are mostly negative and indicate these aren’t helpful
- Some people say they have adverse side effects like feeling nauseous when taking these supplements
- There are much better supplements, alternatives, and quality products to help you meet your weight loss goals and promote the fat-burning process
Save your money on this supplement, based on the research from our editorial team. It’s unlikely Trim Life Keto will lead to any significant, quick weight loss results.
This is not medical advice, and you should speak to a licensed healthcare provider or professional physician before taking any supplements, including this popular weight loss supplement.