Last modified on February 26th, 2023
8Greens Effervescent Super Greens Dietary Supplements is something you may have seen while shopping Amazon, or perhaps being advertised by your favorite influencers on Instagram.
So what should you know?
The following provides you with details about 8Greens Supplement reviews, and our overall review.
We highlight some of the pros and cons of this product in our tablet review, buying information, and everything else you need to know to make a decision.
What Is 8Greens Dietary Supplement?
While most of us probably strive to eat healthy, whole foods and get all of our nutrients from our diet, it doesn’t always turn out that way.
Before delving into the specifics of this review, there are some details you might want to know.
The company says that 87% of Americans don’t get their daily minimum required amount of green vegetables. The goal is to help everyday Americans boost their intake of green foods.
The Effervescent tablets are made from eight real greens. The greens contained in one 8G tablet are:
Each 8Greens tablet has only 15 calories and no sugar. It tastes like lemon-lime according to the company, and it’s easy to use.
You simply take one tablet and drop it into an eight-ounce glass of water. You let it fizz and then sip it. The flavor is somewhat sweet, and that’s because of the addition of stevia, which is a sugar substitute that’s plant-based.
The full ingredient list of a tablet is:
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Organic aloe vera
- Organic wheatgrass powder
- Spirulina extract
- Organic barley grass
- Organic blue-green algae
- Organic spirulina
- Organic broken cell chlorella
- Citric acid
- Natural flavors
- Corn starch
- Safflower oil
- Stevia leaf extract
According to the 8Greens company, each tablet has as much vitamin C as six oranges and as much vitamin B6 as six cups of spinach. The tablets also have as much vitamin B5 as 15 cups of broccoli, as much zinc as three cups of peas, and as much vitamin B12 as seven cups of milk.
These tablets are portable so you can take them with you anywhere, and they make it affordable and convenient to get your greens.
Some of the celebrities who have touted the benefits of 8Greens include Gwyneth Paltrow, Zac Efron, and Drew Barrymore.
What’s In 8Greens?
The above lists out the ingredients, but as part of this 8Greens tablet review, we feel it’s important to talk about why these ingredients are important individually.
- Spinach is believed to have alkalizing properties to help support healthy aging. Spinach is packed with antioxidants as well as calcium, iron, and vitamin A.
- Wheatgrass has alkalizing minerals and may boost red blood cell production. Wheatgrass is also thought to combat inflammation and improve circulation.
- Kale is a superfood and is one of the healthiest vegetables you can consume. Kale also has significantly more beta-carotene than broccoli.
- Blue-green algae can help you manage your stress, and it may help with metabolism and weight loss as well. There’s evidence blue-green algae may give your immune system a boost, and help with your energy and memory.
- Spirulina is a natural way to regulate your sugar intake, and it can help with weight loss.
- Chlorella is packed with amino acids and may be detoxifying.
- Barley grass contains natural chlorophyll, active enzymes, and it’s alkalizing and detoxifying.
- Aloe vera can help promote natural healing in the body, soothe gut irritation, and improve your immune system.
Some people like the idea of buying from a company with a compelling story or a set of values that align with their own. This may be the case with the 8Greens company.
Dawn Russel is the founder, and she was diagnosed with stage III cancer when she was 25 years old.
She started researching complementary medicine, and in 2003, Dawn joined the board of Beth Israel Hospital’s Center for Integrative Medicine, working as a patient advocate.
In 2010 she began working on 8Greens. Dawn’s focus was on identifying and incorporating the most important greens for our health and wellness and then finding a way to fit them into real people’s lives.
Now, 8Greens ingredients are sourced only from organic suppliers.
What are the Benefits of 8Greens?
As part of our independent supplement reviews, we want to look at both the pros and cons of the product. The pros include:
- 8Greens is made from essential, real greens
- This supplement is high in nutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- It is extremely convenient
- There is no sugar and only 15 calories
- It doesn’t contain dairy, gluten or preservatives and will work well for vegetarians and vegans
- Most people don’t get enough vegetables in their daily diet, and 8Greens makes it easy to do so
- According to reviews from customers, this product may boost your energy
- Less expensive than buying or making green juice every day
- Some people with autoimmune and chronic diseases such as fibromyalgia feel 8Greens helps them deal with their symptoms and give them a nutrition boost
- Could help people with anemia, and give them an alternative to taking iron supplements which tend to have difficult symptoms such as constipation
What are the Downsides of 8Greens?
Of course, as part of any fair review, we have to go over potential downsides. Many of these downsides are based on real customer reviews.
- Something is better than nothing, but you can’t replace the benefits of good nutrition from whole food sources.
- Some people don’t like the taste.
- There have been some reviewers who say 8Greens has given them digestive issues such as stomach cramps or diarrhea. It’s possible stomach reactions could be due to the sorbitol, but not everyone will have a reaction to this ingredient.
Should You Try It?
Based on our research, 8Greens could be a good product, particularly if you don’t think you get enough greens in your diet. You might want to start slowly as you adjust to using this as a way to minimize any potential stomach upset.
Have you tried 8Greens? What’s your take on our 8Greens supplement reviews? Let us know below!