This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on January 6th, 2023
Megafood Blood Builder Key Takeaways
- Megafoods Blood Builder is a top-rated iron supplement
- Available in a traditional tablet and also mini tablets
- Most people experience limited if any symptoms with Megafood Blood Builder compared to other iron supplements
What to Know
Megafood Blood Builder is one of the top-rated vegan iron supplements. Megafood Blood Builder can help you increase your iron and energy levels and avoid fatigue.
Most people find that Blood Builder helps them avoid the side effects of other iron supplements such as nausea and constipation. We cover what you should know about this Blood Builders iron supplement including details about Megafoods Blood Builder reviews and Megafood Blood Builder side effects.
What Is Megafood Blood Builder?
Megafood Blood Builder is one of the best-selling products from the Megafood company. It’s a way to nourish your body and raise your iron levels without the difficult side effects of other iron supplements such as nausea and constipation.
- Blood Builder can be used by pregnant and menstruating women, teen girls, vegetarians, and vegans.
- You only have to take one tablet a day, and you can take it any time of day that works for you. Try to avoid coffee for at least 30 minutes after taking this supplement because that can interfere with iron absorption.
- Blood Builder is a food-based iron supplement, so it includes beetroot and vitamin C and oranges, all of which help support iron absorption.
- In clinical studies, Blood Builder has been shown to improve iron levels and reduce fatigue without significant side effects. This whole food supplement also provides B12 and folic acid, which are necessary to produce healthy red blood cells.
- Megafood conducted an eight-week clinical trial, and this product was found to increase iron levels.
- Having adequate iron levels is important because it helps brain function, cellular energy production, and the ability to maintain the proper body temperature. Without sufficient iron to make hemoglobin, your body can’t get enough oxygen.
- Each dose of Megafood Bloodbuilder includes 26 mg of FoodState Iron per serving.
- The product also uses food that is sourced from family farmers.
- The iron in Megafood Bloodbuilder comes from something called S. cerevisiae, which is a food-based supplement that’s iron-enriched yeast.
The Benefits of Megafood Bloodbuilder for Anemia
Iron deficiency is the most common type of nutrient deficiency globally. It can be reversed with supplementation, but Blood Builder iron supplements are challenging for many people because of the side effects. Research has found that food-based supplements can be better because they reduce side effects. This is one of the big reasons Megafood Blood Builder is so beneficial for anemia.
There was one specific study that looked at pre-menopausal women and found that using a food-derived supplement with low-dose iron combined with nutrients to enhance absorption resolved iron deficiency and also helped improve all other markers of iron status, with no reported adverse events.
The Effects of Anemia
Anemia is a condition that occurs when you don’t have enough healthy red blood cells to transport oxygen to the tissues of your body properly. When you have anemia, you may feel weak and tired.
There are different types of anemia, each with its own underlying causes. Anemia can be a condition that’s temporary or chronic and can range from mild to severe.
There are three main reasons your body might not have enough red blood cells. Your body might not make enough, bleeding could cause you to lose them faster than they can be replaced, or your body destroys them.
Specific underlying causes of anemia include:
- Iron deficiency anemia is the most common type, and a shortage of iron causes it. Your bone marrow required iron for the production of hemoglobin. If you don’t have the iron to produce hemoglobin, your body can’t produce red blood cells. Iron deficiency anemia is common in pregnant women, and it can also be caused by blood loss such as from an ulcer or heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Vitamin deficiency anemia occurs when you don’t have enough B12 and folate, which you need to create healthy red blood cells.
- Anemia of inflammation is linked to diseases like Crohn’s, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and kidney disease. Chronic inflammatory conditions can interfere with your body’s production of red blood cells.
- Aplastic anemia can be life-threatening and occurs when your body doesn’t produce enough red blood cells. Causes include medicines, autoimmune diseases, and infections.
- Anemia can be related to diseases affecting bone marrow such as leukemia. They affect your bone marrow’s ability to produce blood properly.
- Hemolytic anemia occurs when your red blood cells are destroyed faster than the bone marrow can replace them.
- Sickle cell anemia is an inherited condition caused by defective hemoglobin.
Taking Megafood Blood Builder would work to help reverse iron deficiency anemia. The other kinds of anemia are different and may not be helped with an iron supplement.
Megafood Blood Builder Reviews
Megafood Build Builders are overwhelmingly positive. It’s one of the top blood builders iron supplements available on Amazon when you’re looking at customer reviews.
Highlights of Megafood Blood Builder reviews include:
- One reviewer says that she has been anemic most of her life and was used to feeling low and tired, and usually only felt like sleeping. That reviewer said that taking Megafood Blood Builder has changed her life and helped her be more energetic and refreshed, and has also helped her hair grow back.
- Another review says that her husband, who was admitted to the ICU for anemia, couldn’t continue taking other Blood Builder iron supplements because they were making him constipation and causing stomach-related symptoms. She said that after trying Blood Builder his blood work is improved and he’s not experiencing any symptoms from taking them.
- Many Megafood Blood Builder reviews say the product has helped them regrow hair they lost due to anemia and experience increased energy.
- Most reviews say that in addition to being generally effective, Blood Builder works quickly.
- Most Megafood Blood Builder reviews include their lab details and results to back up how satisfied they are with the product.
While thousands and thousands of Megafood Blood Builder reviews are positive, there are a few negatives to be aware of.
First, you might want to avoid Megafood Blood Builder if you have MTHFR because it has folic acid.
A few reviews also said they were possibly allergic to something in Blood Builder.
Are There Any Mega Food Blood Builder Side Effects to Be Aware Of?
While everyone is different and you should always consult your doctor before taking any supplement, in our research, we couldn’t find any specific Megafood Blood Builder side effects that are common among users.
- Vegan iron supplement
- Top-rated product on Amazon among users
- None of the usual side effects of iron supplements like constipation or nausea
- Safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Contains folate, which some people can’t take
- Only comes in capsule form with no liquid option
Overall, Megafood Blood Builder has our endorsement as an excellent iron supplement. You get the benefits of a traditional iron supplement without the side effects. Many reviews speak to the fact that Megafood Blood Builder has improved their blood results and their quality of life significantly.
Note: Speak to your doctor before taking any supplements. This is not a substitute for medical advice.