This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on January 9th, 2023
Neuro Gum is a product that might help improve your mental health and give you an energy boost. It’s considered a nootropic gum, and the company also has mint products. Neuro Gum contains ingredients like B vitamins, caffeine, and L-theanine. So, what do the NeuroGum reviews say about this product, and how effective is it? We take a look.
Image Source: Amazon
- NeuroGum is a chewing gum supplement to boost energy and cognition.
- Cold compression system makes the active ingredients more bioavailable
- Considered a nootropic
- May provide five times more caffeine than coffee or energy drinks
- Available in mint and cinnamon flavors
What is Neuro Gum?
Neuro Gum, also known as NeuroGum or Neuro Energy Gum is a nootropic delivered in chewing gum. It helps provide clean, balanced energy without jitters.
Taking this chewing gum supplement may help improve productivity and focus without taking pills or having energy drinks.
Along with gum, there are also Neuro Mints.
While the most popular products are geared toward energy, there’s also a version of Neuro Gum and Mints called Calm & Clarity.
Neuro Gum Ingredients
The following are the ingredients in Neuro Gum.
- Each piece of Neuro Gum includes 40 mg of naturally-derived caffeine. It can help provide you with clean and balanced energy without the jitters. The caffeine comes from green tea.
- L-theanine is included in Neuro Energy Gum. L-theanine can balance out the side effects of caffeine and can help reduce stress. L-theanine naturally occurs in green and black tea. It can help improve mental focus and cognitive performance. There’s also some evidence L-theanine may help with weight loss, boost the immune system, and reduce blood pressure.
- Vitamin B6 is found on the list of Neuro Gum ingredients. B6 is also known as pyridoxine. Your body can’t produce it, and it’s necessary to create neurotransmitters and red blood cells. Benefits of B6 include mood regulation. Specifically, it may help reduce symptoms of depression. It may promote brain health and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, and it can help treat anemia. There’s even evidence that getting adequate amounts of B6 may help reduce the risk of developing cancer and it can reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin B12 is also included in Nero Gum ingredients. B12 helps with the production of red blood cells. It can help reduce the risk of anemia. Taking a B12 supplement or getting enough in your diet can help improve mood and symptoms of depression. Vitamin B12 is important for brain health, and it can reduce the risk of memory loss and brain atrophy. One of the big reasons people take a B12 supplement is because it can also boost your energy levels. Some of the earliest signs you’re deficient in B12 include fatigue and a lack of energy.
What’s perhaps the most interesting thing about this nootropic gum is that since you are chewing and a cold compression system is used to make it, you’re getting the most possible bioavailability of the ingredients. Your body can absorb and use the vitamins, caffeine and L-theanine much more effectively than if you were to take pills.
Each package contains nine pieces of gum, and if you buy on Amazon, you’ll find either packs of six or packs of 12.
This gum is GMO, gluten, and sugar-free. It’s also vegan.
Along with the active ingredients above, NeuroGum also includes sorbitol, a gum base, natural flavors, spirulina flakes, and:
- Calcium stearate
- Monk fruit
What Do Neuro Gum Reviews Say?
What do real customers say about Neuro Energy Gum?
First, the positives.
According to reviews for NeuroGum, the product works well to boost energy without having coffee or an energy drink. The L-theanine is a good balance to the caffeine because you get that boost of energy without the downsides of getting caffeine in other forms. Many reviews say they can notice the difference of having caffeine along with L-theanine versus caffeine alone, and it’s a positive difference.
Other reviews say that thanks to the sublingual absorption of NeuroGum, they feel that they noticed a difference in not just their energy levels but also their mood almost immediately. Other reviews described the feeling the gum created as a “focused sense of relaxation.”
Some users did note that they need two or three pieces of NeuroGum at a time to feel a real boost or kick of energy.
For the downsides—some people didn’t like the mint or cinnamon flavors. Some people didn’t notice a benefit when using Neuro Energy Gum.
Another negative issue for some people using this nootropic gum is the fact that it contains sucralose. In fact, one reviewer said the product was “so close to being perfect” aside from that fact.
The overall takeaway when looking at reviews is that many people find this to be an effective product to keep them moving along positively and productively. Most people do give it five stars.
Benefits of Chewing Gum
Even outside of a nootropic gum, there are brain and mental health benefits of chewing gum in general.
Chewing gum has been found in research to reduce stress, improve alertness, and relieve anxiety. It has also been shown to improve overall performance on activities involving multi-tasking.
When you chew gum, the act of chewing itself, which is a rhythmic motion, can reduce levels of cortisol, which is a stress hormone. With lower cortisol, you may feel more relaxed and calm.
Chewing gum increases blood flow to the brain so it may then improve oxygen to the brain. More oxygen to the brain increase cognition and memory. Studies show that chewing gum increases oxygen to the brain by anywhere from 25 to 40%.
When you chew gum, it can help you be more focused and alert. This may be due to the stimulation of the nerves and parts of the brain associated with cognitive arousal.
Another benefit of chewing gum, in general, is the fact that it can help reduce your appetite. It can increase how full you feel and reduce cravings.
Neuro Gum Frequently Asked Questions
The following are answers to some of the common questions people have about NeuroGum.
Why is NeuroGum Unique?
One of the unique things about this gum is the fact that it’s made with cold-compression technology. That ensures the highest levels of bioavailability for each ingredient. Specific benefits and things that are distinctive about this gum include:
- Ingredients are delivered up to five times faster than they would be otherwise, such as in capsule form.
- All ingredients are high-quality.
- It’s sugar-free.
- The use of buccal absorption helps you get the most benefits from the ingredients.
- There are only two calories per piece of gum.
How Much B12 is in Neuro Gum?
There is 100% of your recommended daily value of vitamin B12 in this product to help turn the food you consume into glucose and to boost serotonin production.
Where Can You Buy NeuroGum?
We recommend purchasing this gum on Amazon for Prime shipping. You can also buy it directly from the company that makes it through their website, but shipping may take longer.
How Much Caffeine is in Neuro Gum?
There is 40 mg of caffeine in each piece of gum, which is the equivalent of a standard cup of coffee.
How Much Can You Have in a Day?
You can typically have up to 400 mg of caffeine a day if you’re an adult, and that’s considered a safe amount. That would be around ten pieces of Neuro. The makers of the gum recommended taking one to two pieces at a time, as needed.
When is the Best Time to Use Neuro?
The best time to use this product is anytime you need a boost.
For example, you might use it before you work or study in the afternoon when you’re having an energy slump or when you’re taking a road trip.
How Long Should You Chew It?
For the maximum benefits, you should chew the gum for at least five minutes, but you can keep chewing it as long as you prefer. The ingredients in the gum work quickly because of sublingual and buccal absorption.
Can You Take Neuro with Other B Supplements?
According to the makers of Neuro, you can take it along with other B-vitamin supplements, although it does have 100% of your recommended DV of B12. It has around 30% of your recommended DV of vitamin B6. Typically even if you go over the recommended DV of any B vitamin, your body will eliminate the excess in your urine.
- Sublingual delivery for maximum effectiveness
- May boost mood
- Contains 100% of your daily value of vitamin B12
- Mostly positive Amazon reviews
- L-theanine balances caffeine effects
- Natural source of clean energy
- Might improve productivity
- May need to take several pieces at a time to feel the effects
The Neuro Gum concept is one that’s interesting for a few different reasons. The idea of sublingual delivery of supplements is growing in popularity. Chewing gum to get supplements can help make the ingredients more effective and bioavailable. If you’re interested in a clean boost of energy, you might consider trying Neuro Gum.