This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on January 3rd, 2023
Keto Trim Key Takeaways
Is Keto Legit? Keto Trim is one of the many supplements claiming to help boost a keto lifestyle and diet. There are actually several supplements that include the terms “keto trim,” but for our purposes, we’re focusing on Pure Keto Trim 800 Advanced BHB Ketogenic Supplement from Justified Laboratories.
In general, all of the supplements with similar names have ingredients that are like the ones in this product.
According to the makers of this weight loss supplement:
- It may help you enter the metabolic state of ketosis easier.
- The supplement contains natural ingredients like macadamia nut oil and apple cider vinegar to further help you get into ketosis and lose weight.
- The makers say this BHB supplement may help boost your metabolism.
While these are claims of the makers of this keto supplement, we wanted to explore how valid these really are, and we go over everything you should know before you spend money on this product.
We also cover any possible relationship between Keto Trim and Shark Tank because this is something a lot of people ask about.
Understanding the Process of Ketosis
Before you can really delve into supplements intended to help you get into ketosis, it’s important to have a general understanding of what this concept means.
- Ketosis is a metabolic process.
- It occurs when you limit your carbohydrates strictly, so your body doesn’t have them to rely on to burn for energy.
- Instead, your body will burn fat. In the process, you make ketones.
- Being in ketosis helps you lose weight, retain muscle, and reduces your appetite.
- It usually takes around three or four days of having fewer than 50 grams of carbs a day to go into ketosis.
- Some people also jumpstart the ketosis process by fasting.
The keto diet is high-fat with moderate amounts of protein, and has similarities to other low-carb diets.
Along with weight loss, doctors and researchers do believe there are some significant benefits of ketosis.
- Some doctors recommend a ketogenic diet for children and adults with epilepsy.
- Ketogenic diets may also help reduce the risk of developing heart disease, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and insulin resistance. Following a ketogenic diet could reduce your blood sugar levels and improve your metabolic rate.
- Ketogenic eating may be a good diet to reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases, and it can help with PCOS for some people.
- There’s some evidence that cancer, acne, and Lou Gehrig’s disease may also be improved with ketosis.
Keto Flu Symptoms
When someone first starts following a diet that’s keto, they often experience symptoms called the keto flu.
- There are different reasons you might feel off or generally not well at first.
- Some doctors think it’s because your body is quite literally going through carb and sugar withdrawal.
- Others believe it’s related to a lack of electrolytes because your body is shedding water weight, or perhaps because of a response from your immune system.
- Side effects of the keto flu can include fatigue, brain fog and headaches. Irritability, constipation, problems sleeping, sugar cravings, and sore muscles can also occur.
- The keto flu will pass for most people in a few days. For some, it may take a couple of weeks.
The big thing with this type of diet is that while it has many benefits from weight loss to being anti-inflammatory, it’s tough to maintain ketosis. Just one wrong snack and you might go out of ketosis.
- When you’re in ketosis, your body is producing two main ketone bodies, which are acetoacetate and beta-hydroxybutyrate.
- There’s also acetone, which is a less abundant ketone.
- The ketones that you’re producing replace glucose as the fuel for your body.
- Then, those ketones are fueling your brain, muscles, and heart with energy.
- The ketone bodies are thought to play an important role in losing weight from the keto diet.
- You’re no longer using carbs for energy. You’re using fats for energy.
What is Keto Trim 800?
Keto Trim 800 is an oral supplement that’s an exogenous ketone.
What Are Exogenous Ketones?
The ketones are created externally. This supplement is a form of BHB, which is a ketone that your body also produces. It’s a ketone named above—BHB is short for beta-hydroxybutyrate.
The idea if you were to take this supplement is that you’re raising your blood level of ketones, speeding up the process to transition into or back to ketosis.
Usually, exogeneous ketones and keto BHB supplements are powdered ketone salts. There are also ketone esters. Esters are pure ketones that work quickly but are hard to find and taste unpleasant.
Exogenous ketone products like Keto Trim do raise your ketone levels, based on what we currently know. The issue is that it’s not ketones themselves that lead you to burn fat. There was one study where participants were given 12 grams of ketone salts, and their blood ketone levels went up by more than 300%.
You can’t take an exogenous ketone supplement like Keto Trim or any other exogenous keto supplement and think that you can eat what you want or regularly slip-up on the keto diet and still see results.
While high ketone levels don’t automatically translate to burning fat, exogenous ketones, along with raising your ketone levels, have been shown to decrease your appetite.
Keto Trim 800 also has macadamia nut oil and apple cider vinegar, as well as green tea. Macadamia nut oil is a healthy fat, which is important for the keto diet.
Apple cider vinegar and green tea may help you burn more fat and boost your metabolism.
To take these keto Trim pills, you take two capsules anywhere from one to three times a day. The company that makes the supplement (Justified Laboratories) says that for the best results, aim to take Keto Trim anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes before a meal.
What Do Reviews Say?
Keto Trim, while in theory could be an effective supplement, doesn’t have great customer reviews. They’re mixed at best on Amazon.
Some people feel the product is beneficial. For example, according to some reviews, the supplement does help reduce your appetite, and it can help boost your energy levels, based on some reviewers’ results. If you’re using ketones for energy, you might like this supplement.
To break it down further for you, around 45% of the Amazon reviews are five stars. Nine-percent are four stars. However, there are 24% of the reviews that are one-star. It all averages out to a current 3.4 out of five-star rating on Amazon, which isn’t especially impressive.
To be fair, any BHB or exogeneous supplement is just that—a supplement. These are supplements to a keto lifestyle that can give you a jumpstart or a boost. They can not give you the same benefits of the keto diet if your diet is bad.
If you manage your expectations, you might find this exogenous ketone supplement does give you results.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The idea of exogeneous ketone and BHB supplements is pretty new.
We don’t know much about the potential common side effects or the long-term effects, so this is something you have to think about.
We could find evidence of only mild side effects, like perhaps nausea and upset stomach, but that doesn’t mean you won’t have side effects.
Also, Keto Trim 800 has a proprietary blend listed on the ingredient label. When we review supplements, we typically like to look at each individual ingredient to figure out if there are any possible side effects.
With a proprietary blend, we aren’t able to do that.
The following are answers to some of the common questions people have.
What is It?
Keto Trim is a supplement intended to help you get into ketosis and stay there. The theory is that if you were following a keto diet, supplementing with exogenous ketones like Keto Trim could help you get into ketosis faster.
You might also notice other benefits of an exogeneous BHB supplement like Keto Trim, such as more energy or appetite reduction.
The research and evidence on supplements like Keto Trim are minimal at this point, however.
What’s In It?
Keto Trim is made of BHB. BHB is a ketone body that you can produce naturally, but in this case, it’s an exogenous version of the ketone, so your body isn’t making it.
Keto Trim also includes green tea extract, apple cider vinegar, and macadamia nut oil.
Where to Buy Keto Trim?
You can buy Keto Trim on Amazon. We linked it above.
Keto Trim and Shark Tank
We’d also like to discuss something else when talking about Keto Trim. People often wonder if Keto Trim is the Shark Tank-featured keto supplement.
From our research, there is no recommended keto supplement from Shark Tank, and that includes Keto Trim 800.
From what we’ve been able to find, several companies have marketed themselves as the Shark Tank keto Trim pills.
One, in particular, called PureFit Keto, used Shark Tank references as part of their marketing. In June of 2019, the Better Business Bureau investigated that company. They found the images on the PureFit Keto website were taken from an episode of Shark Tank that didn’t mention the product at all.
This is only one of many examples of people believing they’re getting a keto supplement featured on the show when the reality is there’s not one that we can find.
Keto Trim is not a Shark Tank supplement. It is simply a supplement available on Amazon that may help you get into ketosis, based on the manufacturer’s claims.
Along with keto supplement companies claiming their products were on Shark Tank, many have also said that celebrities use their products, and those celebrities have come out and said they don’t endorse or use the products at all.
Be cautious about any keto supplements.
Any time there’s a trend or something that’s highly popular, like the keto diet, you’re likely to see scams trying to attach themselves to the trend.
Final Thoughts—Is It Worth It?
Is keto Legit? We’d be reluctant to recommend this keto product. We can’t find any real clinical evidence to back up this product or its ingredients. The best way to get into ketosis is to follow a keto diet carefully. Before doing that or taking any supplements, consult with your health care provider.
Theoretically, Keto Trim could help your keto diet a bit, but that’s not something we have any concrete evidence of. Additionally, customer reviews aren’t so overwhelmingly positive for Keto Trim that we’d say it’s a product to spend your money on.