This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
There are so many great supplement brands out there with a real backstory, and real people who own and operate them and Alani Nu is a good example. We wanted to provide you with everything you should know about Alani Nu as a brand and also highlight seven of our favorite Alani Nu products including the Alani Nu Pre Workout, Alani Nu Balance, and Alani Nu energy drink.
Who Owns Alani Nu?
Katy Hearn founded Alani Nu in 2019, and in the past three years, she and her husband have grown the company enormously. Katy Hearn was first well-known for being a fitness influencer.
According to Hearn, during college, she gained weight and wasn’t living a healthy lifestyle. At the time, it wasn’t normal to see girls lifting weights, but that’s what she started doing to get fit and feel better about herself. She started using an anonymous Instagram and Twitter account and following other fitness pages to keep herself motivated.
Through social media, Katy even met her husband Haydn, and together they worked on creating Alani Nu.
The philosophy of Alani Nu is that their products help you go the extra mile in your workouts with unnecessary or unhealthy ingredients.
Katy and Haydn said that as they were working as personal trainers, they were often asked by clients for recommendations of healthy, trustworthy supplements. They couldn’t vouch for any products completely, so they started making their own.
Key ways that Alani Nu stands out in a crowded marketplace include the fact that there are limited ingredients in every product. Simple formulations and transparency mean that unnecessary ingredients are left out.
All Alani Nu products are made in a GMP-certified facility that meets good manufacturing standards. Alani Nu works with a licensed PharmD in the creation of all of their products.
Finally, what you may have noticed if you’re familiar with Alani Nu at all is that they have great flavors that are fun and completely different.
If you’ve never checked out Katy Hearn’s Instagram, it’s inspiring in and of itself. She has 1.8 million followers and she documents her workouts, her work, and her family life with two young kids. We love the idea of supporting a working mom who started her own successful business, in addition to the fact that her Alani Nu products are always top-rated.
Ok, with that in mind, below we delve into our favorite Alani Nu products.
Alani Nu Balance
We have written a full review on Alani Nu Balance that’s worth checking out, but we also touch on some of the key points below.
- Alani Nu Balance is a women’s hormonal balance supplement
- Helps boost estrogen and other essential hormones
- Includes chromium for blood sugar control
- Includes L-glutathione, which improves skin health
- May help normalize menstrual cycle
- Can help with common symptoms of PCOS
- Promotes neural, psychological, and cardiovascular health
Alani Nu Balance is one of the company’s top sellers. You can find it in powder or capsule form, and it supports female fertility and hormonal health. Alani Nu Balance can also help with complexion and weight management, energy levels, and healthy sleep.
Myo-inositol is one of the key ingredients, which can restore insulin sensitivity and promote fertility. Alani Nu Balance also includes DIM, which helps stabilize estrogen levels and prevents testosterone from being turned into estrogen.
The ALA that’s in Alani Nu Balance can improve insulin sensitivity, especially in women who have PCOS or are overweight.
Chromium has been proven to reduce fat deposition in the mid-section, and it can improve blood sugar levels. Alani Nu also has folate, which is important for brain health and mental health and can also help with fertility.
Thousands and thousands of users are huge fans of Alani Nu Balance and feel that it’s given them benefits inside and out. Specifically, users feel it helps them get a more regular period, control their acne, and it improves their mood. In particular, Alani Nu Balance might help with otherwise stubborn cystic acne.
It’s an exciting product with a lot of great reviews to back it up.
The Alani Nu Pre Workout supplement has thousands of positive reviews and comes in fun, delicious flavors like Hawaiian Shaved Ice.
- Useful for energy and endurance
- Flavors also include Arctic White and Mimosa
- Includes 200 mg of caffeine and 500 mg of L-tyrosine
- Transparent ingredients
- No fillers
- Users feel it doesn’t affect their hormones like some pre-workouts for women
- A lot of users say it gives them a clean energy boost without making them jittery
Alani Nu is known for its pre-workout products. Alani Nu Pre Workout contains L-theanine to prevent a post-workout crash. It contains L-citrulline malate which is an amino acid that’s important for energy production. It’s also important for muscle building.
Beta-alanine is in Alani Nu Pre Workout, and it’s a popular supplement among athletes and people who love fitness.
Beta-alanine is a non-essential amino acid. It produces something called carnosine, which can reduce the accumulation of lactic acid in your muscles when you’re working out, which in turn improves athletic performance and helps you get more out of your workout.
Beta-alanine in studies has been shown to increase your time to exhaustion and boost performance, especially during high-intensity exercise. It can increase training volume and reduce fatigue when you’re doing resistance training.
Beta-alanine can also enhance the immune system, and it has antioxidant properties.
Alani Nu Pre Workout contains L-tyrosine. L-tyrosine is also an amino acid, and it helps your body produce thyroid hormones, enzymes, and dopamine. Tyrosine can help improve mental alertness and cognitive function and it has some anti-depressant effects.
The Alani Nu protein powder is another highly-ranked product.
- Whey protein
- Available in flavors like confetti cake and peanut butter brownie
- Fast digesting
- 23 grams of protein per serving
- Only 118 calories per serving
The Alani Nu protein product has mouth-watering flavors, and it’s a good product to support your muscle growth and recovery. Like the other Alani Nu products, Alani Nu protein is made in a GMP-compliant facility.
One thing we like about this protein, in particular, is that it contains digestive enzymes, including protease, amylase, lactase, lipase, and cellulose. This will help your gut health and you’ll be able to absorb and use more of the protein.
Most users say the different flavors of Alani Nu protein powder are delicious, and it’s like having a dessert or treat rather than something good for you.
There are a lot of user reviews that say the Alani Nu protein powder is their favorite protein they’ve ever tried. We should note, however, that some people think the protein powder flavors are too sweet for their liking, which is something to be aware of if you don’t necessarily have a sweet tooth.
If you aren’t sure whether or not Alani Nu protein powder would be a good option for you, it can have significant benefits for women.
You may be able to eat less because getting adequate protein helps you feel fuller for longer. It can provide you with a steady stream of energy throughout the day without a crash, and it’s great for building lean muscle.
Protein powder is also important for the health and strength of your hair, nails, and skin.
If you’re looking for a delicious energy drink, we love the Alani Nu options, which are sugar-free and are great as a pre-workout.
- Come in flavors like Cosmic Stardust and Watermelon Wave
- Each has 200 mg of caffeine
- No sugar
- Just 10 calories
- Has biotin
- Free of banned substances
There are a lot of great reviews for the Alani Nu energy drinks. Many reviewers say they like the fact that they don’t have sugar and have minimal calories. A lot of reviews also indicate that Alani Nu energy drinks provide clean energy with no jitters and boost their mood.
Some of the ingredients in Alani Nu energy drinks aside from caffeine include:
- Taurine: This is an amino acid that is a building block for protein. Taurine may help boost your metabolism, and it can help promote the health of your heart, brain, and immune system.
- Panax root extract: This is a type of ginseng. Ginseng can be invigorating and boost your energy. It’s also an antioxidant that might reduce inflammation.
- L-carnitine: This is an amino acid that’s often used in supplement form. It helps transport fatty acids into your cells, producing energy. L-carnitine helps your cells burn more fat for energy, so it may assist with weight loss. There’s some evidence it can also help improve your exercise performance and recovery, and it may increase the oxygen supply to your muscles.
- Inositol: Inositol is found in some foods, and it’s also used in supplements and the Alani Nu energy drinks. It may help improve symptoms of metabolic disorders, and it can improve mood.
- Guarana seed extract: This Alani Nu energy drink ingredient has been shown in research to improve the stimulating effects of caffeine. The two work well together to enhance the effects of both. It can reduce fatigue, improve focus, and it may also help with weight loss.
This stimulant-free pre-workout can give you the boost you need to power through.
- Helps you maintain energy levels
- Promotes maximum output during workouts
- Provides the fuel to build lean muscle
- Banned-substance tested
- Well-suited to the workout needs of men or women
The Alani Nu Pump product is a stimulant-free pre-workout supplement that can help you feel mentally and physically more energized as you work out. Pump products, including Alani Nu Pump, tend to have ingredients that can increase the blood flow to your muscles.
Some of the ingredients in Alani Nu Pump include:
- L-citrulline: This is a nonessential amino acid often included in pre-workout and pump supplements. L-citrulline helps your body produce nitric oxide. Nitric oxide relaxes your arteries and improves blood flow. L-citrulline may help with athletic performance and muscle-building.
- GlycerPump: Alani Nu Pump contains something called GylcerPump, which is glycerol. Glycerol has been shown to help improve anaerobic and aerobic performance benefits.
- AstraGin: This is a proprietary Alani Nu ingredient that includes a combination of Panax ginseng extract and astragalus. Panax ginseng can be a stimulating mood and focus booster. Astralagus is Chinese herbal medicine. It might boost your immune system and fight viral infections. It can also widen blood vessels to help blood more effectively pump through your body and it can help reduce fatigue.
- Huperzia serrata: Huperzia serrata is a nootropic herb. It is thought to help improve cognition and memory, as well as focus and attention span. It can cross the blood-brain barrier, unlike many supplements.
According to reviews of Alani Nu Pump, a lot of people feel like this product gives them the energy they want before a tough workout, but they like that they don’t feel shaky or have a racing heart. The one big downside that we did notice however is that some people think it has a chalky texture and it doesn’t mix that well. We think that could likely be fixed by using something like a blender bottle.
Alani Nu has a top-rated BCAA supplement. Benefits of Alani Nu BCAAs include:
- Highly rated on Amazon
- Good for muscle recovery and hydration
- Helps with workout endurance
- Vegan amino blend
- No calories, no carbs, and no sugar
- Fun, creative flavors
BCAA stands for branched-chain amino acids. BCAAs are essential amino acids that your body can’t make, so you have to get them from your diet or a supplement like this one from Alani Nu. BCAAs include three separate amino acids, which are leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
There are a number of well-studied and proven benefits of BCAAs. For example, leucine activates a pathway that stimulates the synthesis of muscle protein, which is how you build muscles. Taking BCAAs can reduce muscle soreness after your workout, and they reduce muscle damage, so you can enjoy a faster recovery time.
They help with fatigue from exercise and prevent muscle wasting as well. Like so many of Alani Nu’s products, their BCAAs have a lot of great reviews from users. In fact, of all the products we looked at from the brand, we’d say that, on average, the BCAAs had the best customer reviews.
Alani Nu is primarily known for workout supplements, but they also have nutritional supplements. One of our favorites is the Alani Nu Super Greens.
- More than 40 nutrients per serving
- Includes prebiotics, probiotics, and digestive enzymes
- Powder form
- Natural energy boost
- Immune system support
- Farm-to-table nutrition
Even when you eat well, it’s challenging to get all the nutrients you need, so Alani Nu Super Greens fills in the gaps. It offers nutrition without having to juice everything each day. There are ingredients like wheatgrass and barley grass as well as spirulina. There are also prebiotics, probiotics, and digestive enzymes to help your gut stay healthy.
There’s a lot of versatility in how you can use Alani Nu Super Greens, which is something we like about this supplement. It has a good flavor, so you can add it to water or juice or mix it into a smoothie.
According to reviews, the Alani Nu Super Greens product helps people feel generally better and they believe it has been an important part of fixing their digestive issues. Many users say they tried similar alternatives and ended up going back to Alani Nu Super Greens because it was just a better product.
If you’re someone who deals with stomach issues, we’d say give Super Greens a try.
Alani Nu FAQs
Below are questions to some of the most frequently asked questions people tend to have about the Alani Nu brand and its products.
Why Is Alani Nu So Expensive?
Alani Nu might be considered expensive by some, but you are getting great products. The ingredients are well-researched, and the company goes above and beyond to ensure quality in everything they offer. You know that the owners of the company stand behind their products.
In a lot of pre-workout supplements, energy drinks, and pump products, you might not even know what most of the ingredients are, much less if they’re safe and effective.
Alani Nu is transparent in all of their ingredients and how they source and use them, and in our opinion, that makes it worth the extra cost.
How Long Does Alani Nu Take to Ship?
We’d recommend buying your Alani Nu products on Amazon because most are eligible for Prime shipping. You can also buy Alani Nu at GNC.
How To Tell If Alani Nu Balance Is For You?
Alani Nu Balance is one of the company’s most popular products, and we’ve done a full review on it. With that being said, while it’s a great product for some people, it’s not for everyone.
Alani Nu Balance is a supplement designed to support women’s health.
It contains DIM and Myo-inositol, which can help balance women’s hormones. DIM can help prevent the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. Myo-inositol is good for female fertility and can restore insulin sensitivity.
Alani Nu Balance has folate, which may help with fertility, symptoms of depression, and cardiovascular health. It contains chromium which reduces weight gain in the midsection and helps control blood sugar.
ALA is included in Alani Nu Balance and it’s been shown to increase insulin sensitivity in women with PCOS or who are overweight.
So, how do you know if Alani Nu Balance is for you?
First, we’d say that the people who have the most success using Alani Nu Balance often have PCOS. If you’re struggling with fertility or stubborn weight around your midsection, these could be hormonal issues and Alani Nu Balance could be helpful. If you have hormonal acne or cystic acne you might also find that it’s a useful supplement.
Another situation where you might take Alani Nu Balance is if you feel like you struggle with your mood or you have difficult periods.
Alani Nu Balance isn’t right for everyone, though and some people get very bad headaches from using it, likely because of the hormonal effects.
Where Can I Get Balance from Alani Nu?
You can buy Balance from Alani Nu on Amazon, which is our recommendation. GNC also sells the products and you may be able to find them in Target or your local Vitamin Shoppe. You can order from the Alani Nu website as well.
What Does Arctic White Alani Nu Taste Like?
One of the ways that Alani Nu has managed to stand out in a crowded supplement landscape is by having delicious, distinctive, and fun flavors. One of their most popular flavors is Arctic White. You can get their energy drinks, pre-workout and pump supplements in Arctic White.
So what exactly does Arctic White taste like? It’s sweet, and some people find that it’s a light sweetness, but if you don’t love sweet flavors, it might be a bit much for you. Some people say Arctic White is a bit like a grapefruit Fresca, with a light and clean flavor that has hints of citrus.
What Compares to Alani Nu Balance?
We found a few products that might compare somewhat to Alani Nu Balance, including:
- Go With the Flow Hormone Balance for Women from Happy Healthy Hippie
- Genius Estrogen Balance from The Genius Brand
- Global Healing Women’s Hormone Balance Female Fuzion Liquid
- Women’s Balance from Gaia Herbs
- Your Super Moon Balance Superfood Power
What Does Alani Nu Hawaiian Shaved Ice Taste Like?
Alani Nu Hawaiian Shaved Ice is another favorite flavor, much like Arctic Ice. According to customer reviews, it has a light, sweet flavor with a lot of strawberry coming through. Some people get a bit of coconut from the flavor and also some tartness.
One of our favorite things is to support supplement brands owned by individuals, and that’s the case with Alani Nu. The creator and her husband have expanded their brand significantly, and they have some great products worth trying—especially the ones we highlighted above.