This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Estroven is a line-up of products that can help you combat symptoms of perimenopause and menopause. All Estroven products have natural ingredients, and the products are drug- and estrogen-free. We provide you with what you need to know including Estroven reviews, Estroven ingredients and Estroven side effects.
- All Estroven products are top-rated on Amazon among thousands of users
- Estroven Complete is an all-in-one menopause relief product
- Estroven Menopause Relief + Energy specifically helps you deal with fatigue and increase energy levels
- Estroven Weight Management helps promote a healthy metabolism
- Estroven Menopause Relief + Mood is a supplement that helps with anxiety and mood swings related to menopause
- Estroven Menopause Relief + Sleep helps support a restful night’s sleep
What Is Estroven?
Perimenopause and menopause are two phases in life that can bring about a host of often unpleasant symptoms. These symptoms can be physical, mental, and emotional.
Usually, when you reach your early or mid-forties, your hormonal system may start experiencing changes. This can be described as perimenopause.
Symptoms can include irregular periods, difficulties getting pregnant, and hot flashes. Emotional symptoms can include anxiety or moodiness, and you may experience a drop in your energy levels.
Menopause is when your hormonal system moves from a reproductive phase to a maintenance phase.
When you go through menopause, your output of estrogen and progesterone is very small. This usually occurs in your early 50s. External events can trigger menopause as well, such as the removal of the ovaries, a hysterectomy, and chemotherapy for cancer.
There’s a third phase called post-menopause. This is when you haven’t had a period for 12 consecutive months.
Estroven is a set of dietary supplements that are developed with natural ingredients that have a good safety profile and can help you deal with many of the symptoms of perimenopause or menopause. All ingredients in Estroven’s products are hormone and estrogen-free, as well as being non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free.
Each year more than a million women use Estroven products.
According to the creators of Estroven, the product has been proven clinically to reduce hot flashes by up to 80% and overall symptoms of menopause by up to 60%. It may help reduce anxiety related to menopause by up to 61%.
Estroven Complete is the primary product in the line-up. Estroven complete can help with 12 symptoms which are:
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Sleep disturbances
- Daily mood and stress
- Physical and mental tiredness
- Muscle and joint comfort
- Urinary and bladder health
- Vaginal dryness
Estroven Complete can be used at any stage of menopause, and you only take on capsule a day with most formulations.
According to third-party resources, the ingredients in Estroven have been demonstrated effective at reducing the symptoms related to perimenopause and menopause.
The idea behind Estroven is that it supports hormonal balance naturally with ingredients that are sources of what are called phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens naturally occur in plants, including soybeans, seeds, nuts and herbs. Phytoestrogens have structure that’s similar to estrogen so they can help promote hormonal balance.
There is research that shows women who eat a diet with foods that are rich in phytoestrogens have fewer hormone fluctuations during menopause.
The specific ingredient in Estroven Complete is called rhaptonic rhubarb extract.
A study released in 2006 found that rhubarb supplements may help with symptoms of menopause. After 12 weeks of being treated with rhubarb, the frequency and severity of hot flashes in perimenopausal women declined significantly.
This study came out at a time when we were learning more about the potential risks of hormone replacement therapy, such as the higher risk of breast cancer and heart disease.
The Estroven Menopause Relief + Stress blend is meant to help with hot flashes and night sweats, but also stress and irritability. The product is drug and estrogen-free.
Ingredients in this Estrogen formulation include black cohosh, which can help with night sweats and hot flashes. It also includes magnolia bark to help manage mood and reduce irritability, and green tea and yerba mate extracts are included to improve energy levels.
The Relief + Stress formulation from Estroven has soy isoflavones as well, which are sources of phytoestrogens.
This formulation of Estroven is intended to tackle feelings of hunger and metabolism issues that can arise during perimenopause and menopause. Estroven ingredients in this formulation include soy isoflavones and black cohosh to reduce the severity and frequency of both night sweats and hot flashes.
This supplement also contains something called Synetrim CQ, which is a plant-derived ingredient that promotes metabolic health and supports serotonin balance to help with weight management.
Serotonin is one of the key compounds found in our bodies, and it tends to decline as we age. Serotonin declines are associated with declining estrogen in menopause. Serotonin also plays an integral role in the regulation of your appetite.
When you have low levels of serotonin, it can lead to hunger, moodiness, and sluggish metabolism.
When you’re menopausal, you may struggle with falling asleep or staying asleep. Estroven Menopause Relief + Sleep helps with hot flashes and night sweats thanks to soy isoflavones and black cohosh. It also contains melatonin, which is a natural way to fall asleep more easily and get a restful night’s sleep.
Melatonin isn’t habit-forming, and you should wake up feeling refreshed rather than drowsy.
Most people find that the product helps them start to feel sleepy within around 30 minutes to an hour after taking it.
Many women experience effects on their mood during perimenopause and menopause because of hormonal fluctuations. Estroven Menopause Relief + Mood, like other formulations of the product, includes black cohosh and soy isoflavones, which help reduce hot flashes and night sweats.
There’s also magnolia bark, which is a natural way to relieve anxiety related to menopause.
Gingko Biloba is included in the Mood formulation to help with overall brain function, including memory and mental sharpness.
When you’re experiencing hormonal changes, you may feel tired and drained. It can start to interfere with daily functionality.
This product in addition to black cohosh and soy isoflavones, also includes green tea and yerba mate which have been shown to help with fatigue management and energy levels. Estroven Menopause Relief + Energy does contain caffeine—about as much as an 8 oz. cup of tea.
The ingredients in Estroven’s specific products are detailed above. Each formulation has its own set of ingredients based on what your health goals are.
For example, in Estroven Complete, the main product is rhubarb, which has been shown in studies to act similarly to estrogen.
Most of the Estroven products have similar ingredients to one another, including:
- Black cohosh: This naturally-derived ingredient in Estroven is commonly used to help with symptoms of menopause. Black cohosh acts as a phytoestrogen, which is a plant-based compound that acts like estrogen. Studies have shown women using black cohosh do often see significantly fewer and less severe hot flashes.
- Soy isoflavones: Soy derivatives have chemical compounds called isoflavones, and these compounds do have some effects like estrogen. Isoflavones are phytoestrogens. Once soy isoflavones are in your body, they bind to the same receptor sites as estrogen. They then mimic estrogen’s effects. This can help reduce hot flashes and other menopause symptoms.
- Green tea: Estroven ingredients may include green tea in some formulations. Green tea has numerous health benefits. For example, green tea can improve blood flow, help your brain, and it can lower blood sugar and blood pressure. The active ingredient in green tea, EGCG, may help boost your metabolism and energy levels, and it’s often something people use to lose weight.
- Yerba Mate: Yerba mate is an ingredient in some Estroven products, and it’s something that can provide an energy boost similar to coffee, but it has the health benefits of tea. Yerba mate is an herbal tea, and it contains plant nutrients and powerful antioxidants. For example, yerba mate has polyphenols, which are antioxidants that are associated with a reduced risk of developing many diseases. Yerba mate can improve mental focus and memory and make you feel less tired. It may also aid in weight loss and the loss of belly fat.
- Magnolia bark: Magnolia bark has long been used in Ancient Chinese medicine, and it’s included in several of the Estroven products. Magnolia bark contains something called honokiol, which replicates the function of estrogen. Magnolia bark also helps improve your health thanks to anti-inflammatory effects and antibacterial effects. Magnolia bark may help with mood disorders and may also help reduce the risk of stroke.
Estroven Side Effects
For most people, there aren’t any major Estroven side effects. Estroven has been on the market since 1997 and has a good safety profile and a strong reputation.
The ingredient in Estroven that is most likely to lead to side effects is black cohosh. Black cohosh symptoms can include rash, headaches, joint pain or dizziness, as well as stomach upset. You should always speak to your doctor before taking Estroven or any other supplement, including anything with black cohosh.
There’s always the potential that a supplement can interact with other medicines you currently take, which is another reason that it’s important to speak with your health care provider.
If you can’t take estrogen or soy, then you likely shouldn’t take this product, and you should speak to your doctor.
We looked at many different sources of Estroven reviews from real customers and found they are largely positive.
- Reviews of Estroven Complete indicate that it works for many people and does effectively relieve their symptoms of menopause. Some of the symptoms reviewers say Estroven Complete helps with include exhaustion, heat, and mental fog. The biggest issue reviewers seem to have with Estrogen Complete is that unlike many of the other products, it doesn’t contain black cohosh. Some reviewers feel black cohosh is the most effective ingredient at helping with night sweats and hot flashes so they prefer the products that have it.
- As far as Estroven Reviews for the Menopause Relief + Mood product, there are thousands of favorable reviews and ratings from customers on Amazon. Reviews say that along with helping with the classic signs of menopause, this product helps them feel like themselves again. Some people reviewing this Estroven product say it “gave them their life back.”
- For Estroven Menopause Relief + Sleep, the reviews are similarly favorable. The product is described as a lifesaver, and many reviewers say they wish they’d known about the product earlier. Some reviewers say they don’t know if they could have survived without finding the product.
These are just a few samples of the positive Estroven reviews. There are a few negative reviews, usually about the price of the product, although it’s relatively affordable. Some people find the products didn’t work for them, but for the most part according to Estroven reviews, the products appear to be incredibly effective and major game-changers for women in perimenopause or menopause.
How to Take Estroven for Menopause Symptoms
If you’d like to try any of the Estroven products for your menopause symptoms, it’s a non-prescription supplement. You take one capsule a day with most types of Estroven, and you can take it with or without food.
The recommendation from Estroven is that you take the products for at least 60 days to see the best results.
Don’t take a dose that’s any larger than what’s advised, and speak to your doctor before doing so.
The following are some answers to the most commonly asked questions about all of the Estroven products.
What Is Estroven Used For?
Estroven is used for treating the common symptoms of perimenopause and menopause. Estroven can help with night sweats, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood-related symptoms, and problematic sleeping.
How Does Estroven Work?
Estroven has plant-based compounds, many of which mimic the effects of estrogen, such as rhubarb extract and black cohosh. That’s how it relieves symptoms such as night sweats. Then, there are Estroven formulations that have other ingredients as well to help with various symptoms you may have during menopause.
For example, there are formulations with ingredients like magnolia bark that can help with anxiety and other mood-related menopause symptoms. The Estroven sleep formula has melatonin, and the energy formula has green tea and yerba mate.
Estroven is estrogen- and drug-free.
How Long Does It Take for Estroven To Work?
For some people, Estroven starts working very quickly. It is recommended that you give it at least 60 days to see the best results from Estroven, however.
What Are the Ingredients In Estroven?
There are different Estroven ingredients depending on the specific formulation. All are drug-free and plant-based with research studies backing up their effectiveness.
Some of the ingredients in Estroven that help with menopause-specific symptoms like hot flashes and night sweats include rhubarb, black cohosh, and soy isoflavones.
There are also ingredients such as magnolia bark which helps improve mood, and some of the Estroven products have green tea and yerba mate to help with energy levels and focus and concentration.
How Safe Is Estroven?
Estroven has been around since the 1990s and is for the most part considered very safe. Even with a great safety profile, you should speak to your doctor before you take any supplements to ensure it’s appropriate for you.
What Are the Side Effects of Estroven?
Most people don’t experience side effects of Estroven, but for some, there may be mild side effects such as stomach upset. Speak to your doctor before taking Estroven and let them know about any other medications you take to ensure there’s not a risk Estroven will interfere with those.
When Is the Best Time to Take Estroven?
Depending on the formulation, the best time to take Estroven might be in the morning, and some types of Estroven you take twice a day—once in the morning and once in the evening. The Estroven sleep formulation with melatonin should be taken around 30 minutes to an hour before you’d like to go to bed.
Where Can I Buy Estroven?
We think the best place to buy Estroven is on Amazon, and we included links above to purchase it there. You can also buy it over the counter at many drug stores.
Estroven is a long-standing supplement that many women say has changed their lives as far as dealing with the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause. We would recommend that if your doctor gives you the okay you try Estroven. You can also pick specific Estroven products offering targeted support for your specific symptoms.
Note: While we do recommend Estroven, always speak to your doctor before taking any supplement.