This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on November 16th, 2021(Last Updated On: November 16, 2021)
The Levoit air purifier is one of the best products on the market if you want fresh, clean air.
Many people are looking for air purifiers for their home, office, and classroom.
We cover what you should know about Levoit air purifiers in general and some of the specific products they offer.
- The range of Levoit products is top-rated among air purifiers on Amazon.
- Each Levoit air purifier has its own set of features, but all share three filtration stages unique to these products.
- Some of the top-selling products, including the LV-PUR131 and the LV-H133 with a 3-stage filtration system.
- These air purifiers can remove volatile organic compounds, cooking odors, pet odors, and airborne contaminants like pet dander and mold.
- Air cleaner that works with smart home technology like Alexa control.
- Helps eliminate germs without harmful ozone.
- Takes out unpleasant odors for the ultimately molecular level of purifying.
- Monitor air quality and use with home smart technology.
- Long filter life.
- Good alternative to more expensive options like the Molekule Air Pro.
What is the Best Levoit Air Purifier?
The following is an overview of some of our pics for the best Levoit air purifiers.
Best for a Big Space
- We like this item model because it will clean a room up to 900 square feet in one hour and a 500 square foot room in 33 minutes thanks to the powerful design and long service life.
- Honeycomb activated carbon filter to eliminate odors, such as cooking odors and 3-stage filtration.
- True HEPA filtration
- LED display
- Removes up to 99.7% of dust, pet dander, pollen, mold, and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- Has a Smart Auto Mode, which is a smart sensor available among exclusive brands that automatically adjusts between three fan speed settings based on the air quality readings.
- Rated as one of the Best Energy-Saving air purifiers by Energy Star so you can save energy without sacrificing on the benefits.
- Very quiet operation.
- Zero levels of ozone.
- Well-rated among users on Amazon based on star rating.
- If you purchase on Amazon, there’s a simple return method if needed, and no shipping charges with Prime.
Best Levoit Air Purifier For Allergies
- Compact, portable products at a low purchase price.
- One of the least expensive Levoit models but provides a comprehensive and thorough cleaning method.
- Includes a true HEPA air purifier filter that works with the carbon filter to trap 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Nearly silent operation so you can keep it running with these settings at night without it interrupting your sleep, maintaining the ideal sleep environment.
- Ozone-free means it doesn’t emit any amounts of ozone during operation, which is harmful
- Sleek design
- Has a coverage area of 219 square feet and cleans that amount of space five times an hour
- According to customer reviews, they can visibly see it removing dust and particles from the environment
- Can help with indoor allergies and a variety of allergy symptoms according to the product description and product promotions.
- Levoit Air Purifier Core pairs with Google Assistant.
- Named Good Housekeeping’s Best Quality Air Purifier 2021
- Removes unwanted odors from a wide variety of sources
- Laser dust sensor
- Automatic mode runs intervals between 1-12 hours
- Manufacturer product warranty is available
- Overall a highly rated, well-priced product
- As with other Levoit products, completely ozone-free
- Doesn’t use ions or UV that can produce ozone
- You can run this air purifier every day for a year, and it would cost as little as $6 in energy costs so it’s truly a high-efficiency air purifier.
- Three-stage filtration includes pre-filter, H13 True HEPA filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter
- Eliminates allergens, pet dander, mold, and VOCs
- Sleep mode keeps your air clean but also is whisper quiet
- Three different fan speeds and an automated timer setting
- According to customer reviews, along with being easy to use, the Vista 200 is attractive to have in your home, making it a favorite in the series of products if you’re looking for something that looks great and also gives you a healthier home status.
- Similar to the Molekule Air Mini
- Cleans 99.97% of airborne particles including both smaller and larger particles.
- True HEPA filter traps pet fur and other contaminants so it’s great for pet owners. Also helps reduce odors from pets in an indoor environment.
- Wide coverage—can clean the air in a room as big as 1076 feet in 30 minutes
- The Auto Mode feature provides real-time air quality monitoring and a display light.
- Set a timer for up to 12 hours while you sleep
- Can work with Google Home and other smart hubs.
What Should You Know About the Levoit Air Purifier?
Levoit air purifiers are among the best on the market. One reason this brand offers the ideal purifier is that they have three filter layers.
- First, there’s the fine preliminary filter, which captures large particles. Large particles can include lint, hair, fibers, and pet fur.
- Then, there’s a True HEPA filter, which filters particles like allergens, dust, and mold spores.
- The third filter layer is an activated carbon filter. The carbon traps and eliminates household odors and fumes, such as cooking smells and VOCs.
Most models will provide you with real-time air quality updates, making the Levoit Air Purifiers a unique product.
- When you activate Auto Mode, the filter has a smart control sensor that detects the air quality and adjusts the speed as needed. You can use the indicator lights and air quality sensor to figure out how fresh your air is.
- According to the company, more than three million people use their products sold in more than 11 countries.
- Levoit has more than 130 million social media followers globally, and its customer support team is based in Southern California.
One of the big competitors for Levoit air purifiers is the Molekule purifiers. Molekule has great quality products, but they’re significantly more expensive than Levoit.
All the indoor cleaning devices from Levoit are made according to stringent quality standards, and they follow California manufacturing guidelines. You get all of the benefits of a high-end air purifier at a much more affordable price than their competitors.
What Are the Benefits of An Air Purifier?
Whether you go with Levoit or another brand, what are the benefits of having an air purifier in one or all of the rooms in your home?
- In general, air purifiers recycle the stale air that’s in your home, improving your indoor air quality.
- Indoor air isn’t circulated as much as outdoor air, which lets pollutants and allergens thrive inside your home or office.
- Since the air purifier is refreshing the dirty air, it reduces the risk of health problems from indoor pollutants.
- These can include making asthma symptoms worse, triggering respiratory infections, neurological problems, and more.
When someone in your home has asthma, an air purifier can help improve their quality of life.
- With asthma, you have inflamed bronchial tubes that can be irritated by dust mites, pet dander, and pollen.
- Those irritants make it harder to breathe and cause throat irritation and chest pain.
- Using your corded or cordless vacuum cleaner regularly can help reduce some of these irritants, but many stay suspended in the air.
- The more you breathe in pollutants, the more likely you are to suffer from an asthma attack.
If you choose an air purifier with a True HEPA purifier, it’s specifically meant to capture the pollutants you would otherwise breathe in.
- A HEPA filter is found in all of the Levoit air purifiers.
- HEPA air purifier filters have multiple layers of mesh with fine threads that are thinner than hair.
- All those things floating around your home that you don’t want are then trapped in the mesh.
- Specifically, the HEPA filter of an air purifier is meant for very small pathogens and pollutants.
You may find that having a purifier helps ease sneezing and many of the other symptoms you regularly experience.
When we have our windows and doors closed, which is especially common with cold weather, then our homes are accumulating pollutants like carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide.
- Exposure to these chemicals may increase the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- If you have an air purifier with an activated carbon filter, it can clean your home of chemicals and reduce your family’s risk of developing associated health effects.
Odors can gather in your home, such as from the use of spices and cooking oil. An air purifier, like one from Levoit, can absorb smells so it’s fresh and clean in your home.
- Specifically, carbon traps household odors, in addition to helping with symptoms of seasonal allergies.
- There are also volatile organic compounds or VOCs.
- VOCs are often in air fresheners, upholstery, aerosol sprays, and paint. The fumes from VOCs can cause brain fog and cognitive problems.
- VOCs can also lead to breathlessness and nausea.
- Studies have shown that low VOC levels in the surrounding air can improve performance and productivity.
The best air purifiers for removing VOCs from the air have both a HEPA and activated carbon filter, as is the case with Levoit air purifiers. These kinds of filters can trap particles and gases.
This is a big topic right now—air purifiers and airborne diseases such as COVID-19.
- A lot of schools and restaurants are using air purifiers because it may help reduce the spread of not just COVID but other pathogens such as the cold and flu.
- These pathogens float around the air, and if one person in your home is exposed or sick, everyone can catch it.
- An air purifier can remove these pathogens and reduce that risk.
Air purifiers with a HEPA filter can capture viruses and bacteria.
An air purifier can be especially important if you have older people in your home or anyone with a compromised immune system.
According to MD Cancer Center, the coronavirus is on the low end of a HEPA filter’s range. What this means is that it might not take all of the viruses out of the air, but if you run it continuously it can do a great job at clearing it out of your home, office, or workplace. Again, make sure you choose an air purifier with a HEPA filter like in Levoit air purifiers. It’s the HEPA filter that can remove anywhere from 99.94 to 99.97% of viruses in the air.
Who doesn’t want the best possible quality of sleep? Even so, it’s something not all of us get regularly.
Having an air purifier can help.
When you’re sleeping, indoor allergens can disrupt your sleep. These can include bacteria, dust mites, and fungi.
When you choose a purifier look for options that have a way to set a mode at night with the quietest settings and lowest brightness settings that won’t interrupt your sleep.
Radon is an odorless, colorless glass that can be emitted via building materials.
- It’s carcinogenic and damages the cell linings of your lungs.
- The EPA estimates there could be tens of thousands of deaths annually related to lung cancer from radon exposure.
- An air purifier can help remove radon and help your lungs stay healthier.
In general, what is important to realize is that indoor air pollution can lead to neurological, respiratory, and heart-related symptoms.
The gasses and chemicals that occur in your home can accumulate in your lungs and bodily tissues. They can penetrate the blood-brain barrier affecting cognition and brain health.
How to Choose an Air Purifier
Whether you’re going with a Levoit air purifier or another brand, the following are factors to keep in mind during the selection process.
- Choose a purifier with a HEPA filter. HEPA filters can capture tiny pollutants that the human eye can’t see.
- If you choose a purifier with an activated carbon pre-filter, while that component won’t get bacteria and viruses, it will help trap odors.
- Size is a big factor when choosing also to consider ongoing maintenance. You want a purifier that will have the smallest footprint in your home, but that will provide you the cleaning coverage you need. If you have a bigger room, you’re going to need a bigger purifier.
- Noise level is important, especially if you’re going to be sleeping with your purifier on. All of the Levoit models according to their product dimensions and details operate at a quiet level and have nighttime modes, so they’re even quieter than their normal levels while you’re sleeping.
- There’s a term called clean-air delivery rate or CADR to be aware of. That specifics how long it takes a purifier to clean a room of a certain size. It’s measured in cubic feet per minute or CFM. For example, if you have an air purifier with 400 CFM, that means it will purify the air in a 400 square foot room much faster than one designated as 300 CFM. If you have an averaged size room, such as a bedroom, you’ll probably want a CADR 300 to 400 indicating a reasonable number of times per hour it can clean the air.
- Some purifiers will emit ozone while they filter. Ozone gas is harmful to the respiratory system. Choose a filtration system that doesn’t emit ozone, as is the case with the Levoit options.
- Air change per hour or ACH is a rating for air purifiers. It shows the number of times the air in a room is filtered per hour. If you choose a purifier with a higher ACH, it’s more efficient.
- As you choose an air purifier, you also need to consider ongoing maintenance. Some purifiers have washable filters. Otherwise, you’ll need to change them every three months. It usually costs around $100 a year to change the filters on an air purifier. If you choose a purifier with both a HEPA and an activated carbon filter, you’ll need to change both. That makes maintenance more expensive since you do have to buy the replacement filter and make sure there’s always a fresh filter in the machine. Consider how much you’re willing to put into maintenance as you choose the ideal air purifier.
- Some people prefer UV purifiers with UV light that also serves as another way to clean the air, particularly from airborne pathogens, similar to what you would see in a medical air purifier.
- You may want to choose a smart air purifier that can work with your smart hubs such as being Amazon Alexa or Google enabled. App-enabled smart technology will let you have more control over your air quality, or you can just use the remote control that comes with some air purifier models.
- A quiet auto mode is an important feature especially if you want to sleep with the device on.
Levoit Air Purifiers—Final Thoughts
A lot of people are in the market for air purifiers right now, especially since it’s almost winter, and we’re all heading indoors.
An air purifier can be a wonderful investment. If you’re thinking about choosing a Levoit air purifier, the options listed above are all top-ranked.
Levoit also has a few advantages, even over other leading brands of air purifiers.
First, their purifiers are relatively inexpensive compared to other brands like Molekule.
Levoit purifiers also have a three-layer filtration system, so they’re going to truly clean your air. They’re definitely an option worth exploring.
You can find any other answers in product info when you compare each of the available options, as well as a more specific breakdown by star in the Amazon reviews, plus detailed product guides.