This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on October 7th, 2021
The Best Ashwagandha Amazon Supplements Are Below. You can also continue reading to find more details about each. Click the link to compare prices directly on Amazon.
There are numerous ashwagandha Amazon product options, so we put together a guide to help you choose the best ones for your needs.
Ashwagandha is a popular adaptogen, meaning it helps your body manage stress.
Ashwagandha benefits also include reducing cortisol and blood sugar levels, combatting symptoms of depression and anxiety, and improving brain function.
Our selections for the best ashwagandha Amazon products are based on customer reviews, star rating and a breakdown by star rating, ingredients and the quality of the product as well as the reputation of the manufacturer. We also went over ingredient lists carefully, the actual product packaging, the simple average of the star reviews, and any answers in product info we could find.
- The herbal supplement ay help with stress, memory, and cognition
- Powerful herbs high in withanolides, which are an important part of the benefits of ashwagandha
- Pure Encapsulations products are known for being high quality
- Free of allergens and unnecessary additives
- Each capsule contains 500 mg of premium quality ashwagandha
- According to reviews, this is an effective Ayurvedic herb that especially helps with anxiety
- This ashwagandha Amazon product has tens of thousands of positive reviews
- 100% pure ashwagandha
- Herbal supplement may help with stress, anxiety, mood, thyroid, and adrenal health
- This ashwagandha supplement may promote a clearer mind
- Each bottle contains 120 capsules
- Number one bestseller among ashwagandha Amazon products
- Also contains black pepper to help with the absorption
- Adaptogen herb that helps support a healthy stress and immune response
- Premium ashwagandha balances mood and energy levels
- Made at the Gaia Herbs certified organic farm
- No artificial ingredients
- 60-day supply
- Clean organic ingredients—free of heavy metals and contaminants
- Liquid Phyto-caps are super-concentrated and dissolve quickly
- Vegan liquid capsules
- Superior absorption
- Reviewers say these ashwagandha capsules an amazing product that helps with panic attacks and anxiety as well as being a general mood enhancer
- Wild-harvested in India
- 15x concentrated extract
- Top-rated on Amazon
- Has some of the most potent levels of effective bioactive components of any ashwagandha Amazon product
- Made in Miami
- Each batch is tested for purity and quality
- Produced in a GMP-certified and NSF-approved manufacturing facility
- Very concentrated for maximum bioavailability
- Grown sustainability using regenerative agriculture
- USDA organic ashwagandha root powder extract
- Supports your body’s natural ability to deal with stress
- Anxiety relief
- Helps balance your nervous, cardiovascular, immune, and endocrine systems
- Made from pure ashwagandha extract
- Dietary supplements formulated for maximum absorption and bioavailability
- Mood enhancer, immune & thyroid support
- 35% withanolides concentration makes it a potent product according to product details and the product description
- Full-spectrum ashwagandha root extract with 21 different withanolides
- Broader health benefits thanks to the quality ingredients
- High absorption and bioavailability
- Extended-release in the bloodstream for constant daily stress relief, and a balanced mood
- It may help improve cognitive function, energy, and performance
- Could help with sleep quality
What Are the Benefits of Ashwagandha Amazon Products?
Ashwagandha is one of our favorite herbal supplements. It’s one of the integral herbs you’ll see in Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an accident form of natural healing from India. Ashwagandha has been used for thousands of years to help with stress, concentration, and improving energy levels.
The botanical name is Withania somnifera.
It’s also referred to as winter cherry and Indian ginseng.
Most of the benefits associated with ashwagandha are linked to the concentration of withanolides. Withanolides help fight tumor growth and inflammation. Inflammation is the root of most chronic illnesses.
- Ashwagandha may reduce blood sugar levels. A test-tube study found it improved insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion. There have also been humans studies finding it can reduce blood sugar levels in both people with diabetes and healthy people.
- Test-tube and animal studies have shown withaferin, which is one of ashwagandha’s compounds, may induce something called apoptosis. Apoptosis is the death of cancer cells. It can prevent the growth of new cancer cells in several ways, including disrupting their function. Some of the types of cancer that have been studied in relation to ashwagandha include colon, ovary, breast, lung, and brain cancers.
- Ashwagandha can potentially reduce cortisol levels. Cortisol is a hormone that our adrenal glands release when we’re experiencing stress or when our blood sugar levels are low. Cortisol is an important part of our stress response in the short-term, but in the long-term, chronically high cortisol levels can put you at risk for fat storage in the abdomen and many health conditions. In human studies, ashwagandha significantly reduced cortisol levels in stressed adults.
- Perhaps one of the main reasons people use ashwagandha Amazon supplements or ashwagandha from other retailers is to reduce anxiety and stress. Ashwagandha has the potential to block the stress pathway in the brain of rats in currently available studies. It regulates the chemical signaling of the nervous system. In human studies, there have been findings consistent with ashwagandha’s ability to reduce stress and anxiety.
- There’s less research looking at ashwagandha’s effects on the health condition of depression, but in one study, it helped reduce symptoms of depression in participants significantly. More studies are needed to see those potential links more clearly.
- Ashwagandha affects testosterone and reproductive health in men. In a study of 75 men described as infertile, ashwagandha-treated study participants had an increase in sperm count and motility. Their testosterone levels were also increased significantly.
- Some evidence suggests ashwagandha could increase strength and muscle mass. It may also help reduce the percentage of body fat a person has.
- Inflammation is a key contributor to many of the most common chronic illnesses, as well as pain. Ashwagandha has the potential to reduce inflammation, and it can also increase natural killer cell activity. Natural killer cells are part of your immune system and they help you stay generally helpful.
- Both test-tube and animal studies have shown ashwagandha can help improve brain function, cognition and memory. It promotes antioxidant activity, which may, in turn, protect your nerve cells from free radicals.
What Are Adaptogens?
As was touched on, ashwagandha is an adaptogen, so what exactly does that mean?
An adaptogen is an herb that helps promote a healthy response to stress. Adaptogens help you better deal with both psychological and physical stress. When you use adaptogens like ashwagandha Amazon products, it can help you maintain your energy and improve your performance even when facing challenging and stressful situations.
When you’re experiencing mental or physical stress, the response of your body affects your nervous system, immune system, and endocrine system. Your cardiovascular system is also affected. If you have chronic stress, then your body struggles to return to a sense of balance.
The effects can be far-reaching.
For example, chronic stress can impact your cognitive function, mood, sleep, blood pressure, and more. Your reproductive and cardiovascular system can be affected.
Adaptogens, like taking an ashwagandha Amazon product, can combat the negative effects of stress.
Adaptogens regulate many different physiological responses at one time to create balance and homeostasis.
Research has shown adaptogens can influence mediators of the stress response associated with the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, or the HPA axis. The HPA axis regulates sexuality, mood and behavior, digestion, energy, and immunity.
What’s so unique about adaptogens is that they can calm a system that’s overactive and also strengthen a system that’s weak. Adaptogens can adjust the effects based on the needs of your body.
Some adaptogens as such and depending on your body’s needs might be somewhat sedative, while others can be energizing.
Of all the adaptogens, ashwagandha tends to be the most studied and understood.
When you take ashwagandha, it can affect the parts of your brain that respond to stress. By reducing your brain’s stress response, it can help promote optimized brain functioning, and it may even be beneficial in terms of long-term brain health.
Are Ashwagandha Amazon Products Safe?
One reason that ashwagandha is such a popular product, along with its extensive benefits, is the fact that it is considered a safe supplement for the majority of people. Of course, you should speak to your doctor before taking any supplement.
If you have an autoimmune disease, you should especially talk to your health care provider before using ashwagandha.
If you take medicine for thyroid disease, be aware that ashwagandha can increase thyroid hormone levels. Ashwagandha can also decrease blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
Overall, it has a long history in Ayurvedic medicine, in addition to modern holistic medicine.
How Much Ashwagandha Should You Take?
Supplements like ashwagandha aren’t regulated by the FDA, so there isn’t a standard dosage that you should take.
There are recommendations based on currently available research and the specific condition you hope to treat with ashwagandha Amazon products.
- To reduce stress and anxiety, consider taking 500 to 600 mg of Amazon ashwagandha for 6 to 12 weeks. That is a dosage that has been looked at in some studies and has been shown to reduce anxiety and also symptoms of insomnia.
- If you were going to use ashwagandha to lower your blood sugar levels, you might take a dose of anywhere from 250 milligrams to 3 grams, split into equal doses several times throughout the day.
- For men using ashwagandha to help with fertility, they might take five grams of ashwagandha a day.
- To lower inflammation, a dose of ashwagandha of 250 milligrams could be beneficial.
- If you’d like to take ashwagandha Amazon products to help with cognition and memory, think about taking 500 to 600 milligrams a day.
How to Choose the Best Ashwagandha Amazon Product
With so many ashwagandha Amazon product options, how do you choose the right one for your needs?
We based our selections for the best ashwagandha Amazon products on factors including quality and purity of the supplement and customer reviews. Other considerations include:
- Look for an ashwagandha Amazon product with at least 5% to 8% withanolides. Withanolides are the active ingredient in ashwagandha that’s so important as far as delivering benefits.
- Withaferin A is one type of withanolides, and it’s actually one you don’t want a lot of in your supplement. It can be toxic and high levels, so check labels for this.
- Some ashwagandha Amazon products will use the roots and the leaves of the plant, while others will use just the root. Using the root only is best because that means the supplement will be lower in Withaferin A.
- Many supplements aren’t very bioavailable, so the addition of black pepper extract helps the body better absorb and use ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha Amazon-Key Takeaways
Ashwagandha is a wonderful adaptogenic herb with many potential health benefits. Ashwagandha root extract may alleviate anxiety and stress and help with memory and cognition. There’s also evidence ashwagandha can help with male fertility and boost testosterone levels, and it may reduce blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
We should note that with the above products, we wanted to focus on highly rated, well-priced products. We also looked for options with faster shipping and Prime shipping to save on shipping charges. Other benefits of Amazon products include subscribe & save options, and 1-click ordering. We think it’s a great resource for most supplements.
We also think ashwagandha is one of the best herbal supplements because it supports mood, endurance, vitality and strength.