This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on January 3rd, 2023
Floracil50 is a powerful probiotic from the Umzu company. Umzu has some great products that we’ve written about before, so we decided to delve into Floracil50 and find out what you need to know about this probiotic before you buy it.
What Is Floracil50?
Floracil50 is a probiotic, and the Umzu company claims it has the following benefits:
- No fillers
- Made with bioactive and bioavailable ingredients
- It May help improve digestion and immunity
- Improves regularity of bowel movements
- Helps boost energy levels because of the gut-brain connection
- Created by Christopher Walker, a Duke University neuroscience graduate
- Only has to be taken once a day
How Does Floracil50 Work?
While there are differences in the formulas, most probiotics work in a similar way to one another. Probiotics are usually a combination of live “good” bacteria, and sometimes they include yeasts.
We all have good and bad bacteria in our bodies. When you’re sick with an infection, that means the bad bacteria has overtaken the good bacteria temporarily and you’re out of balance. Good bacteria play an important role in returning you to balance.
Probiotics are made up of that bacteria that help your body work the way it should, and they’re part of your microbiome.
Your microbiome is made up of the organisms that work together within your body to keep it healthy. Everyone has a unique microbiome.
When you take a probiotic like Floracil50, it can help support your natural production of good bacteria. Having enough good bacteria in your body can regulate inflammation and your immune system.
Good bacteria can also help you digest food, it can create vitamins, and it also supports your gut lining cells to make sure that no bad bacteria can enter your blood.
The good bacteria present in your body can also help your body break down and absorb medications and supplements you take.
Some of the conditions, in particular, that may benefit from the use of a probiotic include:
- Diarrhea caused by both antibiotics and C. diff
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Yeast infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Upper respiratory infection
- Lactose intolerance
Benefits of Probiotics
General benefits of probiotics include:
- Probiotics help balance friendly bacteria in your digestive system. Friendly bacteria can be depleted by medications, poor diet and other factors. When you have an imbalance with too much bad bacteria and not enough good, you may be prone to digestive problems, mental health problems, obesity, and allergies.
- If you deal with diarrhea for any number of reasons, probiotics can help.
- We’re learning so much about the links between mental health and mood and the health of our gut. In animal and human studies, researchers have found the potential for probiotic supplements to help improve symptoms of some mental health disorders, including anxiety and depression.
- Probiotics can be good for heart health, and they can reduce cholesterol.
- There are some strains of probiotics that reduce the severity of eczema.
- The use of probiotics can help strengthen your immune system. Some probiotics can improve the production of natural antibodies, and they can also boost your body’s production of natural killer cells.
- If you struggle with belly fat, you may notice the benefits of taking a probiotic. They can prevent the absorption of fat in the intestine, for example, so it’s not stored in the body.
What’s In Floracil50?
There are so many different types of bacteria that might be found in a probiotic supplement.
Is Floracil50 Legit? Floracil50 is considered an extra-strength probiotic, and you only have to take it once a day with a meal. It is marketed as having 50 billion CFUs, so what does that mean?
CFUs are colony-forming units.
A colony-forming unit is a reference to the number of live, active micro-organisms in the probiotic you take. When you take a probiotic like Floracil50, then the good bacteria start to be colonized.
One of the biggest factors you should consider when you choose a probiotic is the CFUs because that’s going to tell you how effective it is. A lot of probiotics have for example, 10 or 15 billion CFUs, while Floracil50 has 50 billion, which is a good thing.
There are a total of eight strains of bacteria in Floracil50, and the strains are grown for up to 14 weeks before they’re freeze-dried and used in this probiotic supplement. Umzu utilizes a patented technology for preservation to keep the bacteria alive so it can effectively reach your gut.
The specific types of bacteria that are in Floracil50 include:
This microorganism can help with the treatment of diarrhea, including traveler’s, infectious and antibiotic-related diarrhea. Some other digestive problems that might be helped by this microorganism strain include IBD, IBS, Crohn’s, and ulcerative colitis.
It may help with allergies, dermatitis and eczema, Lyme disease, oral health problems, and rheumatoid arthritis.
This strain of bacteria is found in your intestines, and it plays a pivotal role in your overall health. It’s one of the most common types of probiotics, and it produces lactic acid. It does this by producing lactase which is an enzyme. Lactase breaks down lactose into lactic acid. Lactose is a sugar in milk.
This bacteria strain may help reduce cholesterol, stop diarrhea and improve irritable bowel syndrome. It might also help with weight loss and allergies.
This is included in Floracil50 and it can help your gut health and your immune system. It helps your body fight off bad bacteria that cause illnesses, and it also helps your body produce vitamins. Lactobacillus Plantarum may help with anxiety, high blood pressure and diabetes.
This strain of good bacteria is a type of lactic acid that occurs naturally in your GI tract as well as your oral cavity. This may help with gas, bloating, and abdominal pain. There’s some evidence that it might also help reduce inflammation in people with conditions like chronic fatigue syndrome, psoriasis and ulcerative colitis.
Bifidobacterium longum can help prevent an overgrowth of dangerous bacteria. It may improve H. pylori infection and constipation as well as IBS. It could help with a condition called pouchitis, which can occur after surgery for ulcerative colitis, and there’s some evidence that it’s good for lung infections.
Bifidobacterium longum may help control symptoms of ulcerative colitis, and it is sometimes used to prevent infections related to chemotherapy.
This particular probiotic has shown promising evidence that it can help with allergies, immunity, and digestion. It may improve skin health, reduce inflammation and help alleviate abdominal pain.
This is a well-studied bacterium, and it’s found in the GI tract, skin, breast milk and the urinary tract. It can prevent the colonization of harmful microbes, and it may reduce the production of inflammatory cytokines. This bacteria might also help promote regulated T-cell function. Lactobacillus reuteri may help prevent the movement of harmful pathogens past the gut barrier.
Decreases of lactobacillus reuteri are linked to higher incidences of inflammatory disease. There’s current research to determine if the supplementation of L. reuteri could prevent against inflammatory diseases.
These intestinal bacteria can colonize your intestinal walls. It may help with diarrhea and IBS, like many other probiotics. It can help promote gut health and it can protect against cavities. This bacteria strain may prevent urinary tract infections.
It may also help with weight loss, it may increase insulin sensitivity, and in some research, it’s been found to help reduce the appearance of acne.
How Do You Take Floracil50?
You only need to take Floracil50 once a day, and you just take one capsule. Umzu recommends taking Floracil50 with food, but other probiotic companies recommend taking their product on an empty stomach.
Rather than being overly concerned with when you take Floracil50, what’s more important is to focus on taking it consistently.
Choosing a Probiotic
In our opinion, probiotics can be the most confusing type of supplement when it comes to picking one that’s right for you.
First, a probiotic microbe has to make it through your digestive enzymes and acids before it can colonize your large intestine. That’s why capsules and tablets tend to be better than taking a probiotic powder or liquid. The probiotics are protected, so they have a better chance of making it to where they need to be.
Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, which are found in Floracil50, are more resistant to stomach acid than other types of bacteria, which is a good thing.
When you’re choosing a probiotic, you want to look for one that has at least 100 million microorganisms, but one billion is better. You need this many to reach your intestine in order for there to be health benefits.
For the best outcomes, choose a product like Floracil50, which has billions of colony-forming units.
There are a lot of strains of probiotics, but Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains tend to have the broadest benefits for most people.
Rarely will you experience side effects from Floracil50 or any high-quality probiotic, although you might initially have some gas and bloating. That should subside with regular use. Also, you can take probiotics and antibiotics at the same time, and some health care professionals recommend it.
Benefits of Floracil50 For Men
A lot of Umzu’s products seem to be especially targeted to the health benefits of men, including Floracil50. That’s not to say women can’t benefit from Floracil50 as well, because they can, but again it’s more just about their marketing.
There are some male-specific benefits that can come from taking Floracil50 or other probiotics.
- Probiotics can be a good way to improve heart health. Research shows that when you regularly take probiotics, it can help keep your blood pressure and cholesterol at healthy levels, and that is in turn good for your heart. A lot of people who have serious heart health issues also tend to have something called S. mutans in their valves. Those are bad bacteria that are frequently in the mouth, and a probiotic can help bring about balance.
- Probiotics are good for your immune system, so they can reduce the risk of serious lung issues and infections.
- Taking a probiotic can balance your hormone levels. L. rueteri, in particular, is known for helping with fertility and reproductive health.
- Probiotics can improve sperm count and testosterone levels, according to animal research. In particular, again L. rueteri is thought to be responsible for this. There was a study in aging mice that were given L. rueteri and the result was increased serum testosterone and larger testicles. There was also a clinical study in men that found improvements in testosterone and sperm count in infertile men who began taking prebiotics and probiotics.
- Diverticular disease is a relatively common condition that can be serious. It causes sacs to form in the colon, but taking a probiotic can reduce the risk of developing it and can also reduce the symptoms in people who have it.
What Do Floracil50 Reviews Say?
There are so many available probiotics that’s it hard to know which ones are quality products.
There are hundreds of Umzu Floracil50 reviews on Amazon, and many of them are positive.
Many users of Floracil50 say the product is effective and it helps reduce gas and bloating, and generally makes them feel better.
Based on Umzu Floracil50 reviews, a lot of users say that they feel it strengthens their immune system, and it makes them just feel more uplifted when they take it.
Floracil50 Frequently Asked Questions
The following are answers to some common questions about Floracil50 and Is Floracil50 Legit?
What is Floracil50?
Floracil50 is a powerful probiotic from the Umzu company. Probiotics repopulate your gut with good bacteria to restore balance and bring health benefits.
The Umzu company tends to specialize in making supplements for men, and some of the strains of bacteria in Floracil50 may specifically help with testosterone and male fertility, but women can benefit from this probiotic too.
How Many Times a Day Do You Take Floracil50?
You only have to take one Floracil50 tablet once a day.
Floracil50—Where to Buy?
We recommend buying Floracil50 on Amazon.
How Can Floracil50 Help?
Taking any probiotic, including Floracil50, can help you see significant health improvements. Some of the benefits of taking Floracil50 may include:
- Improved digestion and nutrient absorption
- Better mental health
- Stronger immune system
- Strengthened respiratory health
- Reduced stomach upset, bloating, and diarrhea
- Less IBS and IBD symptoms
- Better heart health
- Higher testosterone levels
- Improvements in fertility
Final Thoughts—Should You Try Floracil50?
According to Umzu Floracil50 reviews, the specific strains of bacteria in the product, the CFUs, and also the reputation of Umzu, we would say you should try Floracil50. We recommend it as a high-quality product, but before taking any supplement, you should talk to your doctor.