This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Below we pulled together our rankings of the best berberine Amazon products of the year. Berberine is a wonderful supplement, and in many ways, one of the most powerful available.
Berberine has the ability to affect you molecularly.
Benefits of berberine include the potential to lower blood sugar, help with weight loss, and it may have positive benefits on heart health. The berberine Amazon products ranked below are the best in terms of effectiveness, company reputation, and user reviews.
When we say “berberine Amazon products,” we just mean those brands that are available on Amazon, some exclusively so.
- Each capsule contains 500 mg of berberine
- May help with cardiovascular health and healthy blood sugar levels
- Thorne uses high-quality, broad-spectrum ingredients
- Berberine may promote healthy mucus membranes in the respiratory and GI tracts
- No unnecessary additives or fillers
- According to user reviews, if you are insulin-resistant, this is a very effective product
- Some users say Thorne Research Berberine has helped them avoid metformin
- 100% pure pharmaceutical grade berberine
- 1200 mg per serving
- 3-month supply in each bottle
- Helps mood, weight loss, and lipid levels
- It may also help GI health
- According to reviews, berberine is good for inflammation, including when people have autoimmune disorders
- May work as a natural antibiotic against SIBO
- Integrative Therapeutics is one of the best overall supplement brands with an excellent reputation
- Supports metabolism and blood sugar health
- Physician and clinician-developed
- According to user reviews, this berberine Amazon product is effective for maintaining blood sugar
- Some users find that this product helps with brain fog and clarity of thinking
- May help reduce cravings and promote weight loss
- 1200 mg of berberine per serving
- Made in a GMP-certified facility
- Top-rated on Amazon with thousands of reviews
- Users say that even when they typically are sensitive to supplements, they don’t notice negative effects with this berberine Amazon product
- Users indicate that they believe this berberine has helped with symptoms of PCOS
- Reviews say that for many people they’ve seen benefits in terms of their A1C bloodwork after starting this product
- Maximum strength berberine Amazon option
- Each bottle is a 3-month supply
- No GMOs or unnecessary fillers
- AMPK enzyme activating
- Third-party tested
- For users, many of whom have PCOS and Type 2 diabetes, they say this berberine is very effective
- Many users say they’ve lost a significant amount of weight after starting this product
- May be helpful with symptoms of menopause such as combatting low energy levels
- Relatively inexpensive berberine Amazon option
- 600 mg of berberine in each capsule
- 3rd-party tested
- Users say they feel the difference, and they also see the results of lower blood sugar in their labs
- Some reviews say this product helps with appetite control and curbing cravings
- May help with intermittent fasting
- Softgels that are easy to swallow
- Combined with MCT oil for maximum absorption
- GMP-certification of the manufacturing process
- Packed in the US by a family-owned company since 1968
- Also contains chromium which further supports healthy glucose levels
- Users say this berberine Amazon option helps reduce hunger and cravings
Why Buy a Berberine Amazon Product?
If you’re searching for a berberine supplement Amazon has to offer, you may already be aware of some of the benefits of this powerful supplement. If not, it’s in our opinion, one of the most effective supplements available.
Berberine is a compound found in different plants, including goldenseal and tree turmeric.
For thousands of years, berberine has been used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. It is a unique supplement because it can create changes at the cellular level.
Some of the reasons people use it include to help with diabetes, inflammation, and obesity.
Berberine is classified as an alkaloid, and it has a distinctive, bright yellow hue.
It’s one of a very limited number of supplements that are thought to be as effective as pharmaceutical drugs. Hundreds of studies have looked at its effectiveness.
When you take berberine, it’s moved into the bloodstream, and from there it moves into the cells of your body. Berberine once in your cells can bind to molecular targets, altering their function.
Specifically, berberine activates an enzyme inside the cells called AMPK. AMPK is frequently referred to as the metabolic master switch. It’s an integral part of your metabolism, and it’s also in many of your organs including your brain, heart and liver.
Berberine and PCOS
One of the main uses of berberine Amazon products is for the treatment of PCOS symptoms. PCOS metabolic complications may include fatty liver, type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol. Berberine can help with all three of those. Berberine may also help with weight loss and fertility.
One reason berberine may be so helpful for PCOS is that it’s what’s called an insulin sensitizer. If you have PCOS, you may have higher insulin levels than women without the condition.
Metformin is often prescribed when you have PCOS because it’s an insulin sensitizer. Metformin can cause long-term side effects, but berberine may help with insulin resistance in a similar way, without the side effects.
Berberine Amazon products may stimulate the intake of glucose through the activation of certain pathways.
A study published in Clinical Endocrinology found women with PCOS who took berberine had higher pregnancy rates than women who took metformin or a placebo before IVF.
Women with PCOS also tend to have a difficult time losing weight. Berberine may help by reducing the hormone leptin, which stimulates the appetite. It may also inhibit an enzyme called lipase, which plays a role in fat storage.
Reduced Blood Sugar Levels
If you’re researching berberine supplements on Amazon, you may notice that one of the most common reasons people use them is to reduce their blood sugar levels.
Type 2 diabetes is a serious and increasingly common chronic illness that leads to millions of deaths every year.
Type 2 diabetes leads to elevated glucose or blood sugar levels. When left unchecked, consistently elevated blood sugar can damage the body’s organs and tissues.
There is research, and there are numerous studies showing berberine has the potential to reduce blood sugar levels. Its effectiveness may be on par with metformin, without the side effects.
There are different ways in which berberine Amazon products can help with blood sugar and type 2 diabetes.
First, berberine may reduce insulin resistance. That then makes insulin, the hormone that lowers blood sugar, more effective.
Berberine might increase glycolysis, helping the body more effectively break sugar down inside the cells, and it potentially decreases sugar production in the liver. Berberine can slow the speed at which carbs are broken down in the gut, and it increases the number of “good” bacteria in the gut.
One study in particular that looked at 116 diabetic patients found a gram of berberine a day lowered their fasting blood sugar by 20%.
Berberine and Weight Loss
There are a couple of studies that have found a link between berberine and weight loss.
The potential of Amazon berberine products to help with weight loss could be due to the improved functionality of hormones that regulate fat, including leptin, adiponectin, and insulin.
Some researchers also think berberine can prevent the growth of fat cells molecularly.
Berberine is an herbal supplement that’s often used to help combat sugar cravings.
Taking around 500 mg of berberine two to three times a day can not just help with insulin levels and control blood sugar but may help you kick cravings.
Berberine and Heart Health
Heart disease is the top reason for premature death throughout the world. Berberine may help with many of the factors that are linked to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
For example, research has found berberine can lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
Berberine is thought to potentially inhibit something called PCSK9, which is an enzyme. That helps in the removal of LDL cholesterol from the bloodstream.
One study also found berberine reduced the risk of death and improved symptoms in heart failure patients.
Berberine and Mood Disorders
Currently available evidence suggests berberine Amazon products may help modulate neurotransmitters in the brain and the entire central nervous system. This modulation effect shows promise for berberine to help with mood disorders, including anxiety and depression.
Berberine is being looked at as a possible potent antidepressant because of the way it can cause systematic changes in the brain that positively affect depression symptoms.
Furthermore, berberine may lead to the upregulation of something called brain-derived neurotrophic factor or BDNF. That is a protein that helps neurons form new synapses and maintain current connections.
Depression and anxiety can reduce the production of BDNF. By increase neuronal production of BDNF, berberine may help repair the damage to the neuronal connections in the brain, helping with depression.
Other Berberine Benefits
Other possible benefits of berberine include the fact that test tube and animal studies have shown it can potentially slow or reduce the spread of several types of cancer.
Berberine has anti-inflammatory properties, which is important because ongoing inflammation is thought to be the root cause of many chronic diseases.
Berberine has anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antiparasitic properties.
It might also reduce the build-up of fat in the liver to help with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
How to Take Berberine
Once you’ve decided on the right berberine Amazon supplement for your needs, how should you take it?
First, always consult with your doctor before taking a berberine Amazon supplement or any other supplement.
If your doctor gives you the green light, you might take a dose of anywhere from 900 to 1500 mg a day because that’s the range most frequently cited in available research.
For example, you might want to take 1500 mg total, as a divided dose of 500 mg at a time, three times a day. You can take berberine before meals.
If you are taking a medicine that lowers your blood sugar, you should use caution before taking a berberine Amazon supplement and talk to your doctor first.
Overall, berberine is considered a safe supplement, but supplements aren’t regulated by the FDA, so there is always the potential that you could experience side effects.
Possible side effects of berberine include nausea and constipation. Side effects are more likely when you use very high doses.
If you’re looking for berberine Amazon options, the above list is proven products that have an excellent track record with users. Overall, whether you opt for one of the listed Amazon berberine products or another berberine, it’s a wonderful supplement with a lot of possible benefits.
In particular, berberine Amazon supplements might be helpful if you have metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, or PCOS. There is evidence berberine can help with weight loss, heart disease risk factors, and it may even help with mood disorders including depression.
Remember to speak to a health care professional before taking berberine or any supplement.