This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on December 13th, 2021(Last Updated On: December 13, 2021)
Our Vegamour Recommendation
Often, solutions that promise to help with hair, brow, and lash growth don’t deal with the root causes that are leading to loss or thinning in the first place.
We like Vegamour because it takes a science-based and holistic approach to helping you grow healthier hair.
The ingredients are clinically-studied for effectiveness and are also vegan and cruelty-free.
We think it’s worth trying Vegamour’s hair, lash and brow serums, particularly if you’re willing to be patient and give them time to work. Many customers say the results are well worth it.
Do you wonder what Vegamour reviews really have to say about this product?
Vegamour is a company that offers hair growth serums and products, as well as products designed to help with eyelash growth and eyebrow enhancement.
We decided to delve into Vegamour products and take a look at what they offer in an in-depth way. We’ll go over things like Vegamour ingredients, what real customers say and whether or not this is worth spending your money on in our comprehensive Vegamour review.
Vegamour Reviews: Introduction
Vegamour is a line of natural, vegan and cruelty-free products to help with hair, eyelash and eyebrow growth. The products use ingredients like red clover and curcumin to stimulate naturally healthy hair.
Vegamour is a company that sells plant-based products for hair growth and health, including not only the hair on your head but also your eyelashes and eyebrows.
A few things that Vegamour says are consistent across their products include that they’re clinically proven, plant-based, and don’t contain synthetic hormones or carcinogens. The ingredients for products don’t include harsh chemicals which can otherwise lead to damaged hair.
Vegamour says they aren’t a hair care company. Instead, their brand is defined as being a hair health and wellness company. They use nature to power their products rather than potentially harmful or damaging chemicals.
The company was created by Dan Hodgdon, who as a young person worked on his family’s organic farm in Vermont. During that time, he learned about the importance of balance in nature. For example, mineral levels and pH levels of the soil were integral to healthy plants.
He then wanted to bring a natural, holistic approach to hair, which is how he came up with Vegamour. The goal of Vegamour products is to holistically support the health of your hair through bioavailable plant-based products, proteins, and enzymes.
The Vegamour line-up of products is based on what they call four pillars:
- Bioavailability: Ingredients have to be absorbed by your body for them to be effective. This is a concept that we often talk about with our supplement reviews, so we like that Vegamour emphasizes how important this is. Vegamour uses what they call biomolecular technology so that all the plant-based ingredients in every product are going to be optimized within your body in the most efficient way possible.
- Clean vegan ingredients: All the Vegamour ingredients are clean and vegan, with no toxins. Each is a unique plant-based formula.
- Holistic: The idea of taking a holistic approach to hair wellness is something we find really appealing about the Vegamour brand. The idea is that every product from their lineup is going to work together to contribute to healthy, beautiful hair rather than relying on a single ingredient.
- Science: All the ingredients in popular products from Vegamour are clinically tested not only for effectiveness but also purity.
Social responsibility is a big part of the Vegamour brand as well. They have a sister company called Southern Botanica, through which they source sustainably harvested marula oil. That helps employ more than 5,000 women in Namibia, which is located in southern Africa.
Below, we give a brief rundown of some of the most popular Vegamour products and also include Vegamour hair reviews from real customers.
Vegamour Gro Hair Serum
The Vegamour Hair Serum is the foundational product of this company. It’s designed to help improve the appearance of hair density by up to 50% and help energize your scalp for stronger roots.
Vegamour Hair Serum is designed to help tackle the root causes of hair loss or thinning. For example, vitamin deficiencies, changes in hormones, stress, and lack of sleep can all impact hair, as can increase DHT levels.
- DHT stands for dihydrotestosterone.
- This is a byproduct of testosterone, and it’s a powerful male sex hormone.
- It’s thought to be linked to hair loss, but DHT can also play a role in hair growth in other parts of the body.
- Because of the fact that DHT is primarily responsible for hair loss, you can slow down or stop it by using a product that blocks DHT.
The Vegamour Hair Serum contains Phyto-actives that help support the health of your hair follicles, and they also revitalize your roots for healthy hair growth.
You can use this hair growth solution every day, and like everything else from Vegamour, it’s completely cruelty-free and vegan.
There are three Phyto-actives in Vegamour Hair Serum that are considered the key ingredients. We talk in more detail about the Vegamour ingredients further down, if you’d like to learn more.
- The first is of the active ingredients is mung bean.
- Mung beans are part of the legume family, and they’re high in nutrients.
- Mung beans have many antioxidants that can help neutralize damaging free radicals.
- Mung beans are used as a remedy to help prevent hair loss, and they have a protein that helps hair look glossy and smooth.
- There’s also vitamin E in mung bens that can improve blood circulation, which can also help with hair growth and improve dry hair stemming from the use of harmful chemicals.
- Mung bean has iron that helps oxygen reach your hair roots, and it contains vitamin A which can stimulate new hair growth.
The next ingredient is curcumin, which is the powerhouse component in turmeric that has so many health benefits.
- In general, curcuminoids are polyphenols that are high in antioxidants. They can destroy free radicals that would otherwise impact your hair wellness journey.
- There is evidence that turmeric can reduce hair loss, so it’s becoming increasingly popular to add this product to shampoos and other hair products.
- Turmeric can help improve the overall health of the scalp and reduce breakage, It’s also an exfoliator, and it generally invigorates the scalp.
The third key ingredient in Vegamour Hair Serum is red clover.
- Red clover contains isoflavones which are anti-inflammatory, and they also kill bacteria.
- There is scientific research showing that red clover can support hair and scalp health.
- Red clover is also being looked at as a possible alopecia treatment.
So how quickly might you see benefits?
According to the company, you should start to see thicker and fuller hair by the third month of consistently using the Vegamour hair serum, and by the fourth month, you should see improvements in hair density.
Vegamour Reviews of Hair Serum
We took a look at Vegamour reviews, including the reviews for the specific hair serum product, and found they were mixed.
Some of the negative Vegamour reviews for the hair serum said the product runs out very quickly, and they feel the price is too high as a result. Some users say it isn’t effective, and others say that it dries their hair out, especially if you have curly hair.
- There were quite a few users who said they feel like these hair growth products work, especially with consistent use.
- For example, one reviewer said the hair serum worked after around six weeks at which point she noticed a difference in terms of thicker hair, and also added length.
- Many users also say that it reduces their shedding and scalp itching.
If you go to the Vegamour website, you can find photos of people who feel like the hair serum has had tremendous benefits for them and plenty of positive reviews.
The reviews there are more in-depth than they are on Amazon, so they give you a better idea of what to expect.
From our research, the biggest thing to keep in mind is the importance of using it consistently to get results including healthier hair. You should give the hair growth cycle time to work fully.
Vegamour Reviews of Gro+ Advanced Hair Serum
The regular Vegamour Gro Hair Serum is available on Amazon, but there’s also a product available on the company’s website that’s called Gro+ Advanced Hair Serum. Also in this product is something called Nicotiana benthamiana.
- This has full-spectrum CBD added.
- The goal of adding CBD is to help penetrate the upper layers of the dermis so that the product’s ingredients can reach your hair at the root level.
- Then, theoretically the products would circulate more effectively throughout your scalp.
This product is well-rated, with users saying it’s highly effective, but you have to be patient and stick with it.
You may start to see less shedding relatively soon after you start the product, but you need to give it a few months to see stronger hair and more growth.
Vegamour Reviews of Eyelash Enhancers
While Vegamour is primarily known for its vegan formula hair products, they also offer a lash serum that’s 100% vegan.
There are two primary options. There’s the Gro+ Advanced Lash Serum and the VegaLash Volumizing Serum.
The ingredients are the same for the most part as they are for the hair serum. Again, there is mung bean and red clover, and there’s also CBD.
Vegamour Reviews of Brow Enhancer Serums
There are two main brow serums from Vegamour. There’s the VegaBrow Volumizing Serum and the GRO+ Advanced Brow Serum. They are a natural, cruelty-free way to increase the density and volume of your brows using mung bean and red clover.
You can add them to your daily routine or bolder brows.
The eyelash and eyebrow serums also have very good reviews for the most part, and if you go directly to the Vegamour site, you can find pictures of real users’ results.
The Science Behind Vegamour
It’s worthwhile to into a little more detail about the science behind Vegamour products and hair growth, in general, to help you understand whether or not this product is right for you.
Bioactive and Organic Ingredients
All of the bioactive ingredients come from organic, sustainably harvested plants. They help with hair growth particularly if you’re experiencing noticeable hair loss, and they protect and repair hair.
You’ll often find that using these products as part of your daily hair care routine will help you have more healthy-looking hair at a minimum.
The products are based on biology, and each individual ingredient is clinically tested to make sure it’s going to provide the maximum level of benefits.
According to Vegamour, there are a lot of different factors that can contribute to unhealthy hair and hair fallout. It’s usually a combination of multiple factors.
Hormones and Hair Loss
Hair requires what they call a healthy ecosystem to look beautiful and thrive.
For example, as we age, our hormone levels change, and that can lead to increased levels of DHT.
Those increased levels can damage what’s called the dermal papillae, which leads to inflammation. Inflammation reduces circulation and makes follicles smaller.
Anxiety and lack of sleep can trigger inflammation which can also affect sleep, as can nutrition. If you have a diet low in zinc, vitamin A, B vitamins, and iron, as well as vitamins C and D, you’re more likely to experience hair thinning and loss.
We’re also constantly exposed to irritants and pollution that weaken our hair growth over time.
Vegamour is unique from other hair companies because they do take into account the many holistic and internal factors that lead to unhealthy, damaged, or thinning hair.
What the Research Says About Vegamour Ingredients
We are big believers in looking at the independent research on ingredients before we recommend anything. Below, we go into more detail about the ingredients in Vegamour and how they might work to help with hair growth and reduce hair loss.
One of the key ingredients in Vegamour is red clover. Red clover is used in traditional medicine for various conditions, including symptoms of asthma, menopause, cancer, and arthritis.
Red clover contains isoflavones which are a type of phytoestrogen.
In traditional medicine, red clover extract has been used for hair and skin health.
In a randomized study of more than 100 postmenopausal women, there were reports of significant improvements in skin texture, quality, and appearance with a dose of 80 mg of red clover extract taken for 90 days.
So why does red clover have potential health and hair benefits?
First, it may boost your skin’s circulation abilities. When circulation increases, it reduces inflammation, leading to positive effects on hair and skin. The estrogen-like effects can help hair and skin too. When we age, both become drier. The result is skin and hair that is dull and brittle.
Red clover is an excellent way to combat these shifts in hormones.
Red Clover and Hormonal Hair Loss
Hormonal hair loss usually occurs during menopause or anytime you’re going through significant shifts in your hormones. When you’re going through menopause, your body produces fewer female hormones. Female hormones include estrogen and progestin.
When you’re a menopausal woman you may also increase DHT if your body is producing more testosterone. Your body may also make more testosterone as a woman if you have a health condition like polycystic ovary syndrome.
DHT can then prevent nutrients from getting to your hair follicles. When your hair follicles don’t get enough nutrients, they shrink, leading to hair loss.
Again, since red clover has compounds similar to estrogen, it can help with the above causes of hair loss.
Elevated DHT frequently occurs during menopause, causing nutrients not to absorb in hair follicles.
Since red clover is a source of isoflavones, it can be a natural DHT blocker.
In one study, applying DHT-blocking ingredients like red clover to the scalp helped stop the cycle of hair loss and trigger a growth phase of hair.
Red Clover for Male Hair Loss
There’s also evidence using red clover can help men who experience hair loss. For example, there was a study of 30 men. When applying red clover extract to the scalp, there was a 13% increase in the hair growth cycle. There was a 29% reduction in hair loss compared to a placebo group.
Mung beans are often eaten in India and China, as well as Southeast Asia.
Sprouted mung beans are a legume, and they’re nutrient-dense.
The nutrient in mung beans that’s especially beneficial for hair growth is folate. Folate is required for healthy cellular hair growth. Folate prevents premature graying, and it can restore the appearance and luster of hair.
Mung beans also contain:
- Zinc, which helps absorb protein and lessen the appearance of thinning hair.
- Selenium plays a vital role in the process of creating hair.
- Silica strengthens weak hair strands by ensuring the follicles are getting essential nutrients.
- Iron stimulates hair growth because it carries oxygen. Oxygen repairs your body at a cellular level. When you’re iron deficient, you can’t produce enough hemoglobin, leading to hair loss.
- Mung bean contains vitamin B7, also known as biotin.
Mung beans can strengthen the cellular matrix of the dermal papilla. The dermal papilla is at the base of your hair follicle. When it’s stronger, your hair’s volume benefits.
Using mung beans can also reduce inflammatory cytokines, leading to thin, fragile hair that falls out easily. When you reduce inflammation, you reopen follicles and boost your hair at the root.
What Vegamour DOESN’T Include In Their Products
Sometimes, what a company doesn’t include is just as important as what they do.
Some of the things not included in any Vegamour products include:
- Prostaglandins which are active compounds that act like certain hormones
- Finasteride which is used for male hair loss but is not approved for female hair loss because of the possibility of birth defects
- Bimatoprost which is a prescription drug to grow eyelashes that has been linked to symptoms like blurred vision and eye discomfort
- Isopropyl Cloprostenate which is used as an over-the-counter medicine for hair loss but is also linked to facial hair, inflammation, and burning
- Minoxidil which can cause changes in eye color and eye pressure as well as irritation and inflammation
- Keratin which is often found in hair products but the molecules don’t bond to hair follicles, so it just rinses out
Are There Vegamour Alternatives?
Perhaps the biggest alternative to Vegamour is Nutrafol. There are similarities between the two brands in that both are meant to help you naturally regrow hair and reduce hair loss.
There are also differences.
The differences between Vegamour and Nutrafol include:
- Nutrafol is an oral supplement that helps fill in nutritional gaps to support hair growth
- The key ingredient in Nutrafol is Sensoril ashwagandha, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory adaptogen that can reduce stress and anxiety
- Nutrafol also contains marine collagen
The similarities between Vegamour and Nutrafol include:
- Both are drug and hormone-free
- Both have undergone clinical testing
Nutrafol isn’t vegan, however.
You could theoretically use Vegamour and Nutrafol together because they work in different ways. You apply Vegamour directly to your scalp, while Nutrafol is a supplement.
Both have good reviews and may help with hair growth but in different ways.
Where to Buy Vegamour
If you’re wondering where to buy Vegamour, the following are the retailers that carry it:
If you want to order it online, Amazon is a good option for convenience, and their flexible shipping and return policies.
Sephora also recently announced they were partnering with Vegamour to bring their products to its website. We couldn’t find any retailers currently where you can buy Vegamour in person.
Vegamour Reviews-Final Thoughts
There are a lot of things we like about Vegamour.
First, we like the entire concept of the company, especially if you’re interested in clean living and you want to avoid toxins and chemicals as much as possible.
We love that Vegamour focuses its products on natural ingredients that target your hair truly at the root to promote growth and scalp health.
We also like the idea that good hair is something that you need to view holistically.
For example, it’s not just about using one particular product. Instead, Vegamour looks to focus on dealing with multiple aspects of your health that affect your hair appearance, like vitamin deficiencies and hormones.
There are also a lot of positive Vegamour hair reviews.
With that being said, there are a few downsides as well. First, it doesn’t work for everyone, although that could be because some people don’t use it long enough for it to work.
The second possible downside is the price.
The third is that we think that it would be better to pair Vegamour with supplements that you take orally that also promote healthy hair and hair growth so that you’re targeting the problem on multiple levels and truly tackling it from the inside out.
Overall, if you’re interested in a natural hair product without toxic chemicals or you want to grow your eyelashes or eyebrows, we think Vegamour could be worth giving a shot.
Urysiak-Czubatka, Izabela et al. “Assessment of the usefulness of dihydrotestosterone in the diagnostics of patients with androgenetic alopecia.” Postepy dermatologii i alergologii vol. 31,4 (2014): 207-15. doi:10.5114/pdia.2014.40925
Lipovac, Markus et al. “Effect of Red Clover Isoflavones over Skin, Appendages, and Mucosal Status in Postmenopausal Women.” Obstetrics and gynecology international vol. 2011 (2011): 949302. doi:10.1155/2011/949302