This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
Last modified on November 16th, 2022
Alani Nu is one of the leading dietary supplement companies, with products geared toward women. One of their most popular health supplements is Alani Nu Balance. We take a look at Balance reviews and provide an overview of what you should know about this supplement.
- Alani Nu is a supplement company offering the Balance product as well as fat burners, pre-workout supplements, and protein.
- Alani Nu Balance is a hormonal support supplement.
- Balance may help with weight management, female fertility, energy levels and healthier, brighter skin.
- Balance supplement reviews are extremely favorable about the effects of this product.
Alani Nu Balance is a hormone-balancing supplement.
It includes well-studied ingredients like inositol and DIM. There is evidence Balance could help with symptoms of PCOS, hormonal acne, and mood-related symptoms. Balance could help with female hormones so you can deal with symptoms like loss of energy that comes from an imbalance.
What Is Alani Nu Balance?
Alani Nu Balance is the company’s signature supplement designed to bring harmony to a woman’s system by boosting estrogen and other hormones. The goal of taking Balance is to help promote emotional, neural, and cardiovascular health with m minimal adverse side effects.
Each bottle of Balance contains a one-month supply with 120 capsules per bottle.
Some of the benefits of taking Balance by Alani Nu include:
- Provides PCOS support. When you regularly take this supplement, you may experience a normalized menstrual cycle and a reduction of other symptoms linked to polycystic ovary syndrome.
- With the addition of chromium, this supplement may help with weight management. Chromium can improve blood sugar control and help reduce fat deposition in the mid-section, along with reducing weight gain overall.
- Antioxidants may help clear and brighten your complexion and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Antioxidants can have cardiovascular benefits as well.
The company says it works to avoid putting fillers or harmful ingredients in any of its supplements. The company was created by personal trainers Katy and Haydn.
The company creators said their clients always asked them for supplement recommendations, but they didn’t want to fully put themselves behind products they didn’t completely believe in.
That led them to create their own line of supplements.
All Alani Nu products are manufactured in a GMP-certified facility. The Alani Nu founders also work with a licensed PharmD on all of their formations to ensure they include only the best ingredients.
Alani Nu Balance Ingredients
The following is a rundown of the ingredients in the Balance by Alani Nu product.
Inositol is a substance that is in some foods, primarily that have a high fiber content. It’s also used as a health food supplement. Myo-inositol is also known as inositol, and it’s used to help with mood disorders and metabolic conditions.
Myo-inositol is a form of sugar that can impact and cause hormonal fluctuations associated with cognition and mood, and insulin response. Inositol is also an antioxidant and has some amazing benefits backed by science with few adverse effects.
Inositol is believed to help with anxiety and mood disorders because it can stimulate the production of dopamine and serotonin.
There is also evidence that inositol can help with metabolic disorders that can lead to metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
For example, there was a study in 2016 that found that people with type 2 diabetes given inositol along with their diabetes drugs had a significant drop in their A1C and fasting blood glucose after three months.
When treated with inositol, women with metabolic syndrome had an 11% average drop in diastolic blood pressure, a 20% drop in their triglycerides, and a 22% increase in their HDL cholesterol, also known as good cholesterol.
Inositol has shown promising results in the treatment of symptoms related to polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS too.
There was a small study that found when women were given inositol once a day for six to eight weeks, they saw improvements in high blood pressure and elevated blood fat levels, and their testosterone levels were reduced by 73%.
There is a fair amount of research showing the benefits of inositol for fertility in women and reducing negative symptoms of PCOS such as excess body hair.
Another key ingredient in the Balance supplement is l-glutathione.
L-glutathione, also just called glutathione, is an important overall supplement that we highly recommend for many people because of its broad benefits.
Glutathione is an antioxidant produced in every cell of our bodies. Our glutathione levels can be depleted because of stress, nutrition, age, and environmental toxins, however.
Glutathione may help relieve oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can lead to cancer, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Glutathione may help improve symptoms of psoriasis, and it can also help with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
Researchers at Baylor School of Medicine found that taking glutathione may improve insulin resistance.
Glutathione may also help combat autoimmune disease, perhaps because it helps reduce oxidative stress or maybe because of its ability to reduce your body’s immune response.
Some people use glutathione health supplements to help with symptoms of respiratory disease, and glutathione can help reduce some of the symptoms and complications of uncontrolled diabetes.
Diindolylmethane or DIM is a compound that naturally occurs in cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
DIM is thought to impact female hormones including your estrogen levels, and it’s increasingly being looked at as a viable treatment for conditions related to hormones include symptoms of menopause, acne, and some types of cancer.
DIM is believed, based on currently available research, to balance estrogen levels.
DIM, in test tube studies, has been found to help protect against colon, prostate, and ovarian cancer.
Estrogen plays an integral role in fat accumulation, so taking a DIM supplement or something like Alani Nu balance may help you lose weight. Having too much or too little estrogen is linked to a risk of weight gain in men and women. DIM supplements may also help break down fat and prevent fat cells from forming.
Other possible benefits of a DIM supplement can include:
- Helps treat hormonal acne.
- May reduce hot flashes due to hormonal changes.
- May help combat PMS symptoms.
- For men, DIM supplements could remedy estrogen imbalances, which can be linked to infertility and erectile dysfunction.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA)
ALA is included in this Alani Nu product, and it’s an antioxidant that your body can produce naturally, but you also get some from the foods you eat, and many people take it as a supplement.
ALA has antioxidant properties, and its benefits include reduced inflammation, slower skin aging, and lowering blood sugar levels.
Humans are only able to produce a little ALA, and food sources also don’t have a lot, but supplements often have up to 1000 times more ALA than food.
One of the main benefits of ALA is that it may help with weight loss. This could be because it reduces the activity of something called AMPK that is located in the hypothalamus. When AMPK is very active, it can increase how hungry you are. Suppressing AMPK activity can help you feel less hungry and it can also help your body burn more calories even at rest.
ALA may help reduce insulin resistance and lower A1C and fasting blood glucose levels. It’s thought to do this by removing fat accumulated in muscle cells, which can reduce the effectiveness of insulin. ALA may also help reduce complications of uncontrolled diabetes.
ALA raises levels of other antioxidants in the body, including glutathione, so it can help reduce skin damage and signs of aging. ALA may also protect your skin from UV radiation.
Other possible benefits of ALA include:
- It might promote healthy nerve function, and some research has found ALA can slow the progression of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- ALA can reduce several markers of inflammation, and chronic inflammation is linked to diseases like cancer and diabetes.
- ALA can help reduce oxidative stress and neutralize free radicals, which can improve cardiovascular health.
Chromium is a trace mineral thought to help improve insulin sensitivity, metabolism of carbohydrates and enhance protein.
Chromium may also help with weight loss and increasing muscle mass, as well as glucose control.
Folate is another ingredient in Alani Nu Balance, and it’s a B-vitamin needed for the production of red and white blood cells. Folate also helps convert carbohydrates into energy.
Having an inadequate amount of folate has been linked to a higher risk of depression and less responsiveness to antidepressants, as well as other negative effects on female health and emotional health. Taking a folate supplement may help reduce symptoms of depression or improve the effectiveness of depression medications.
Folic acid can help reduce the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease.
Low levels of folate intake have also been associated with many types of cancer, including breast cancer.
Alani Nu Balance Side Effects
As with any supplement, you may wonder if Alani Nu Balance has any side effects. Before taking any supplement, you should speak to your health care provider to ensure that it’s safe for you to do so.
You should not take Alani Nu Balance if you have high blood pressure, thyroid, or kidney problems.
As far as side effects, some of the commonly reported side effects include headaches and gastrointestinal upset. If you take the supplement with food, you may find that stomach-related side effects are lessened.
Headaches during the first few weeks of taking Alani Nu Balance are pretty common, likely because of the DIM it includes. Headaches tend to occur as your hormones start to balance, but this symptom should subside in a week or two. If the headaches don’t start to fade, Alani Nu Balance may not be the right product for you.
I personally get headaches from DIM initially, but they even out after a couple of weeks of taking it consistently.
Some people report that a rash is a side effect of Alani Nu Balance for them too.
Some people have also had allergic reactions when using Balance, but this can happen with any product. That’s why it’s important to talk to your doctor before you take a supplement.
A few people have reported side effects such as bloating and abdominal pain, and worse acne than they previously had.
Alani Nu Balance Reviews
One of the reasons we wanted to feature Balance by Alani Nu is because of the many positive ratings about the product.
Some of the highlights of Alani Nu Balance Reviews include:
- One of the most common positive reviews about this product is that it helps with hormonal and cystic acne.
- Some people say that they believe Alani Nu helped them get their period back or helped them with fertility issues.
- Many reviews say that taking Alani Nu helped with mood-related symptoms. Specifically, for many users, Alani Nu Balance helps with period-related mood swings, feelings of depression, and negative feelings.
- Some reviews say that it helps alleviate menstrual cramps.
- Many people who use Alani Nu Balance feel it helps them control their PCOS symptoms.
While most Alani Nu Balance reviews are positive, some are negative. Some of the complaints about the product include:
- For some people, taking Balance makes symptoms like anxiety and depression worse. This could be because the ingredients do affect your hormones. That’s why it’s a good idea to talk to your health care provider before taking Balance.
- The side effects of headaches and nausea are also fairly common complaints. Again, this is probably because of the DIM Balance contains. These side effects should settle down with time.
- Your doctor may advise you not to take this if you’re on hormonal birth control or other medications, such as thyroid medicine.
Alani Nu Balance Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some answers to common questions you may have about Alani Nu Balance.
What are the Balance pills for from Alani Nu?
What is Alani Nu Balance? Alani Nu Balance is a supplement designed to support hormone balance and weight management. Other benefits of Alani Nu Balance may include a clearer complexion and fertility support.
How do you take Alani Nu Balance?
It’s recommended that you take Balance in the morning and with food. If you don’t eat breakfast, you should take it with your first meal, whenever that is. You should take a full dose of four Balance capsules for maximum benefits.
If you prefer, you can break the capsules open and put them into a smoothie, coffee, oatmeal, or whatever you choose. It doesn’t impact the effectiveness to use Balance this way.
How does Alani Nu Balance help fertility?
Alani Nu Balance can help fertility by balancing the hormones that play a role in getting pregnant. Alani Nu doesn’t directly make you more fertile. Instead, it balances your hormones and brings them to an optimal level to help you do so.
Can you take Balance if you take birth control?
You could technically take Balance while on birth control, but you should always speak to your doctor first.
How fast does Balance from Alani Nu work?
While it’s going to vary for everyone, most people say that they start to see noticeable effects from Balance after three to four weeks. By your third month of taking it, you should see significant benefits.
Remember, this isn’t medical advice, and you should speak to your doctor if you have any medical condition.
Where Do You Buy Alani Nu Balance?
Above we provided a link to buy Alani Nu Balance on Amazon. We always recommend buying from Amazon when you can, because it’s easy and the shipping policies are flexible.
There are other retailers that may have Balance either in their stores or online.
Retailers that sell Balance and the Alani Nu products include:
- The Vitamin Shoppe
- Walmart (online)
We’re also linking to a store locator so you can check around you and find where they sell Alani Nu products locally.
Clinical Resources and References
- Alani Nu Balance may help with PCOS
- Can improve symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Promotes hormonal balance that supports fertility
- Clinically-backed ingredients like inositol and DIM
- Might help clear skin if you have hormonal or cystic acne
- Mostly positive user reviews
- Can be a costly supplement
- Side effects can include headache and nausea
- Might not be the right hormone-balancing product for everyone
Overall, Alani Nu Balance is a high-quality, well-reviewed product. It does have the potential to help with hormone balancing thanks to ingredients like inositol and DIM, which are well-studied. Balance isn’t right for everyone, and there can be side effects particularly when you first start taking it, because of the DIM. Headaches are the most common side effect. If your doctor gives you the go-ahead, Alani Nu Balance may be a great option.