This post may include affiliate links. See our affiliate policy for more details.
We rank and review the best black seed oil Amazon has available. Black seed oil is high in antioxidants. It is used as a supplement for different purposes, including to help skin conditions, to help with weight loss, to lower blood sugar, and for the treatment of asthma.
- Black seed oil Amazon products include pills and liquids
- You can also use black seed oil topically on your skin and hair
- You should choose a high-quality product without added ingredients
- Black seed oil is high in antioxidants like thymoquinone
Top 7 Black Seed Oil Amazon Options
Of course, you can buy it other places, but for the purposes of this ranking, we’re looking at black seed oil Amazon options.
- Top seller among black seed oil Amazon products
- Nearly 15,000 ratings on Amazon, with an average of 4.5 stars
- Softgels contain cold-pressed black seed oil
- One bottle is an inexpensive 60-day supply
- May help with joint mobility and liver health
- Black seed oil has been used as a beauty supplement for thousands of years to improve the health and appearance of hair, skin, and nails
- Includes vitamin E for even more skin benefits
- 100% virgin, cold-pressed black cumin
- Source of Omega 3,6,9
- Provides potent immune support
- Helps with cardiovascular health
- May help with joint health
- Works well for people with digestive problems
- Zhou tests all products in their Utah lab
- According to reviews, this may help lower cholesterol
- 100% Turkish black cumin Nigella Sativa seed oil
- Liquid black seed oil in a glass bottle
- Top-rated on Amazon with more than 10,000 reviews
- Contains 3 to 4X more thymoquinone than many other black seed oils
- Thymoquinone has the most health benefits in black seed oil
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Premium formulation with up to 3X the thymoquinone of competitors
- Comes in a glass bottle
- Antioxidant superfood helps reduce arthritis pain, improve skin health and boost the immune system
- Freshfield works directly with farmers to obtain the highest-quality seed
- Money-back guarantee
- Extra strength black cumin supplement
- Contains thymoquinone, vitamin E, and omega 3-6-9
- Virgin cold-pressed
- Each capsule is a 700 mg dose
- Unfiltered and unrefined
- No additives
- Easy to swallow soft gels
- Promotes immune and respiratory health
- No sugar or additives
- Made from pure virgin black cumin seed
- Hexane-free oil
- Made in the U.S.
- Comes in a glass bottle
- Cold-pressed from 100% organic Nigella Sativa
- High in thymoquinone
- Anti-inflammatory benefits that may help with chronic diseases
- Only need to take one to two teaspoons a day
- Can be used orally or topically
What is Black Seed Oil?
Black seeds are known by other names including:
- Black cumin
- Black caraway
- Black onion seeds
Black seeds come from a plant called Nigella sativa.
As a natural remedy, the seeds from N. Sativa have been used for thousands of years.
Black seed oil has something called thymoquinone, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. There is also some evidence thymoquinone may reduce tumors.
You can take black seed oil orally in capsule form. You can also use the oil itself topically or orally. Some people also add the oil to their skincare and haircare products.
What Are the Benefits of Black Seed Oil?
Black seed oil has extensive benefits, including:
A systematic review which was published in the Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders in 2013 found black seed oil could help with obesity. It may lower body mass index (BMI).
There was one eight-week study that looked at 90 women between the ages of 25 and 50 with obesity. They followed a low-calorie diet and were either given one gram of black seed oil per meal per day or a placebo.
The participants taking the black seed oil had lost significantly more weight than the placebo group, and they’d also lost more waist circumference.
The group taking the oil also saw significant improvements in their cholesterol levels.
There was a study of 99 adults, each with type 2 diabetes. Taking both doses of 1/3 teaspoon and 3/5 teaspoon each day for 20 days significantly reduced HbA1c levels relative to a placebo.
Skin and Hair
Black seed oil is used to moisturize hair and promote hair growth. Because black seed oil is an anti-inflammatory and has antibacterial effects, it’s also potentially helpful for acne, dry skin, eczema, and psoriasis.
There was a small study conducted in 2013 that found black seed oil when compared to prescription medicines can reduce the severity of hand eczema.
A 2012 animal study found this oil might have benefits for psoriasis.
Studies in test tubes have found the thymoquinone in black seed oil might help control the spread and growth of different types of cancer cells.
Thymoquinone can influence apoptosis or cell death in brain cancer cells and leukemia and breast cancer cells.
It is important to note that while the anticancer effects of black seed oil may look promising, we don’t know if these effects will be the same in human studies.
Inflammation of brain tissue may play a role in diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. Animal and test-tube studies have shown that the thymoquinone in black seed oil may reduce brain inflammation and, as a result, could potentially help protect against brain disorders.
More research needs to be done, but in a study in 40 healthy, older adults, there were significant improvements in memory, cognition and attention after taking 500 mg of N. Sativa twice a day for nine weeks.
Other Possible Benefits
Some of the other benefits of black seed oil may include:
- Reduced symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis because of the anti-inflammatory effects. Many people use black seed oil for joint inflammation and to improve mobility.
- There’s limited research showing some men with infertility may see improvements in semen quality using black seed oil.
- It’s an antifungal that may protect against the yeast that causes candidiasis.
- Taking black cumin seed oil for several months may reduce blood pressure in people with mild elevation.
- Some users find black seed oil helps with asthma symptoms. This might be because it reduces airway inflammation.
- Black seeds or black seed oil could help alleviate stomach pain and digestive upset.
- Topical use of black seed oil can reduce inflammation and bacteria in wounds and it may help speed up the growth of healthy new skin.
Are There Any Side Effects of Black Seed Oil?
You should always speak to your doctor before taking a supplement. Overall, based on what we know now, there are probably few possible side effects of black seed oil.
If you use it topically, it could cause an allergic rash. You should test it on a small patch of skin to make sure you don’t react to it.
You should also keep the oil away from sensitive parts of your body.
Some people experience digestive side effects with oral use of black seed oil, such as constipation or an upset stomach, but these are rare.
Choosing the Best Black Seed Oil Amazon Product
When you’re going to Amazon for black seed oil, the following are some specific features to look for:
- Think about what you hope to achieve when you’re choosing a black seed oil Amazon product. If you want to use an Amazon black seed oil for skin or hair health, you might choose an actual cold-pressed oil instead of a capsule. For example, if you have eczema, dry skin or psoriasis, you can apply an oil topically.
- For antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits, look for a black seed oil Amazon product that you can take orally in capsule form.
- Packaging is important when selecting Amazon black seed oil. Look for glass packaging when possible and choose dark-colored bottles. This protects the product from light exposure, which can oxidize it.
- Choose a product that’s 100% pure black seed oil without unneeded additives, preservatives, or fillers.
- Depending on your preferences, you may want an organic product.
- A lot of black seed oil Amazon products are marketed as being cold-pressed. This means they aren’t chemically extracted. Cold-pressed oil tends to be higher-quality and more potent.
Black seed oil has been used therapeutically for thousands of years. It is also researched and may have benefits ranging from combatting inflammation to lowering blood pressure. It’s also used to promote healthier skin and hair.
If you’re looking for the best black seed oil Amazon product, it is available in liquid and capsule form. Look for an option that’s pure and ideally cold-pressed.